- Develop, review and update Council's Corporate Governance Framework
- Enjoy a rostered day off approximately every 3 weeks
- Salary up to $119,725 + superannuation
City of Ryde, just 12 kilometres from Sydney CBD, is a place of unique lifestyle and opportunity. It is home to an engaged and culturally diverse community of around 130,000 people, and a strong and growing Smart City economy including more than 13,000 local businesses, Macquarie Park, world-class hospitals, and a leading university. All balanced with beautiful bushland, riverfront parks, open spaces, and sport facilities.
Our Council delivers a broad range of services, projects, programs, and events. We are actively committed to innovation, sustainability, resilience and providing exceptional customer experiences, and this relies on attracting and keeping great people. We are a recognised Employer of Choice (Australian Business Awards 2022) and offer a range of benefits, including flexible work arrangements, health and wellbeing programs, a learning and development program including study support, and a reward and recognition program.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Governance Specialist to join our Business Assurance & Governance team based at North Ryde. Your work will primarily focus on the development, review, and update of Council's Corporate Governance Framework. You'll be part of our transformation as a Council and help shape the future for the residents of Ryde.
The Governance specialist is responsible for promoting good governance, maintaining probity of Council's decision-making processes, the development, implementation ongoing review of Council's Corporate Governance, Policy, Delegations and Legislative Compliance Frameworks and ensuring awareness and currency of administration and governance practices and policies.
This role will also:
- Manage governance related projects
- Participate in the preparation of responses to Councillors, Executive Team, Managers or other key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to research and communicate complex ideas for a variety of audiences and stakeholders, with different levels of understanding, through both written and verbal means.
- Experience in the administration of governance related policy and procedures and the provision of advice to relevant stakeholders
- Ability to draft policies, prepare reports, submissions, and briefing papers on a wide variety of technical topics for consumption by stakeholders at a variety of levels.
- Experience in the provision of Corporate Governance key issue areas such as Delegations, Policy review and Development, Legislative Compliance systems, Risk Management, Internal Audit and Civic (Councillor) Services
- Proven self-starter with initiative and drive
Culture & Benefits
- Commitment to providing opportunities for work/life balance
- Hybrid working from home and office arrangements available
- Flexibility regarding start and finish times to suit your lifestyle
- Work 37.5 hours and enjoy a rostered day off approx. every 3 weeks
- Long service leave after 5 years, then accrued monthly
- 18 weeks paid parental leave (for eligible employees)
- 3 extra grant days at Christmas to ensure you have time to enjoy the holiday
- Annual performance reviews and Award increases
- Opportunity to sign up as a fitness passport member
- Various health & well-being initiatives (i.e. flu vaccinations, skin checks, etc.)
We have a two-stage interview process. The first stage of the interview process is the completion of online questions. Please ensure you give full answers, showcasing your abilities and experience. Your answers, in conjunction with your resume, will determine if you are invited to an interview.
Please note you do not need a "password" to use our on-line application system, however you have the option save and return to your application prior to the closing date. In addition to answering the online questions, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
Closing Date: Monday 19 February 2024 at 11:30pm
If you would like to know more, please see the position description or contact Graham Humphreys on (02) 9952 8116 for a confidential discussion.
City of Ryde is committed to Equal Employment and Child Safety