- Excellent career opportunity with ongoing training & development
- Enjoy flexible work conditions with a rostered day off every three weeks
- Salary range of $111k - $145k p.a. + superannuation
City of Ryde, just 12 kilometres from Sydney CBD, is a place of unique lifestyle and opportunity. It is home to an engaged and culturally diverse community of around 130,000 people, and a strong and growing Smart City economy including more than 13,000 local businesses, Macquarie Park, world-class hospitals, and a leading university. All balanced with beautiful bushland, riverfront parks, open spaces, and sport facilities.
Our council delivers a broad range of services, projects, programs, and events. We are actively committed to innovation, sustainability, resilience and providing exceptional customer experiences, and this relies on attracting and keeping great people. We are a recognised Employer of Choice (Australian Business Awards 2022) and offer a range of benefits, including flexible work arrangements, health and wellbeing programs, a learning and development program including study support, and a reward and recognition program.
About the Role
Within the Finance Department and across its relevant accountabilities your primary purpose is to:
- Be responsible for daily and ongoing support to the strategic, operational management and development of Council's corporate financial systems and processes including integration with subsidiary systems.
- Manage the ongoing development, implementation, system performance and quality assurance of the financial management systems and processes used.
- Responsible for driving changes and improvements to systems and procedures by optimizing the use of available technology to adopt best practice.
- Provide a consultancy and advisory service to internal and external stakeholders in relation to financial systems, including reporting and business processes.
- Maintain Council's financial accounting systems to ensure system accuracy and integrity of data and reporting structure including but not limited to financial delegations, workflows, security access and controls etc
- Identify system, process and data control issues, review of alternative options, systems administration of all existing finance systems and implementation of system improvements to ensure that Council's financial system meets its financial management objectives and information requirements.
- Plan and implement system upgrades as and when required including testing.
- Develop, maintain and review financial reports, executive information enquiries including dashboards to assist stakeholders with planning, and decision making
- Provide accurate, timely, compliant and transparent financial information, analysis and advice to key stakeholders.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of relevant Australian accounting standards and practice, legislation, council policies and prescribed corporate and external reporting frameworks.
- Provide expert training to users on how to utilise the financial systems and develop and maintain financial system training documentation.
- An appropriate degree qualification in a financial or accounting discipline
- Member of Australian Society of Certified Practising Accountants (CPA Australia) or Institute of Chartered Accountants (Australia) or currently working towards attaining membership
- Extensive Experience in systems administration in medium to large public or private sector organizations including high level project management skills.
- Experience with Technology One Software.
- Experience with design and development of financial reports, executive information systems including business intelligence tools such as Dashboards.
- Experience with financial accounting systems including budgeting, financial modelling, and financial reporting.
- Extensive experience in contemporary corporate financial software packages including report writer tools and multi-dimensional databases / other OLAP financial analysis and reporting tools.
- Demonstrated ability to work in and contribute to a positive team environment.
- Proven technical experience regarding the structure and operations of automated financial management and accounting systems.
- Substantial knowledge and experience in developing and providing training in financial systems and in process improvements including appropriate documentation.
- Proven experience in successfully leading, influencing and motivating staff in achieving business solutions.
- High level of oral and written communication skills, including preparation of reports and correspondence.
Please note: In line with Council's COVIDSafe Workplace Policy & Procedure all staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Your commencing annual salary will range from $111,650.58 to $145,145.75 + Superannuation dependent on your experience and qualifications.
Culture & Benefits
- Commitment to providing opportunities for work/life balance
- Hybrid work from home and office arrangements available
- Flexibility regarding start and finish times to suit your lifestyle
- Work 37.5 hours and enjoy a rostered day off approx. every 3 weeks
- Long service leave after 5 years, then accrued monthly
- 18 weeks paid parental leave (for eligible employees)
- 3 extra grant days at Christmas to ensure you have time to enjoy the holiday
- Annual performance reviews and Award increases
- Opportunity to sign up as a fitness passport member
- Various health & well-being initiatives (i.e. flu vaccinations, skin checks, etc.)
How to apply
Please ensure you give full answers to the online application questions, showcasing your abilities and experience. Your answers, in conjunction with your resume, will determine if you are invited to an interview.
Please note you do not need a "password" to use our on-line application system, however you have the option save and return to your application prior to the closing date. In addition to answering the online questions, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
Closing Date: Wednesday 14 February 2024 at 11.30PM
Previous applicants need not apply please.
If you would like to know more, please see the position description or contact Sacha Thirimanne on 0403 743 815 for a confidential discussion.
City of Ryde is committed to Equal Employment and Child Safety