SALARY: $1,475.10 - 1,690.41 pw + Super
Work Type: Permanent Full Time - 35 hours per week
Location: Camden Libraries
- Enjoy a 35 hour working week
- Flexibility through flex leave provisions
- Health program including free flu vaccinations, skin checks, and health and wellbeing leave options
- Ample free parking
- Join an organisation committed to offering and supporting professional career development
New year = new opportunities!
Be a part of an evolving team and make a difference to the fast-growing Camden community.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Library Programs Team as the Childrens Librarian
Your passion and flair for contemporary library practices will see you develop and deliver innovative and inclusive community driven and informed programs for our families.
Camden Council has three programs-based libraries with creative spaces and facilities, alternative lending collections and opportunities to reach our families in our community in new and innovative ways.
Come join an organisation with endless opportunities, where people choose to work because they are inspired by the chance to shape, influence and grow a community.
What We Offer
We are committed to offering and supporting development and employment opportunities to help people excel and build a lasting career. We offer generous learning and development opportunities as well as flexi time, access to employee benefits and education assistance.
We promote diversity in the workplace and have a culture that is inclusive, respectful and embraces the unique skills and qualities of all people.
As the community continues to grow, this opportunity will allow you to grow with it!
- University level qualifications (Degree or Graduate Diploma) in Library and Information Science or equivalent
- Proven ability to develop and coordinate programs for children and knowledge of child development
- Ability to effectively organise workloads and prioritise workloads
- Demonstrated knowledge of literacy/numeracy in early education and of the NSW Primary syllabus requirements
- Experience in the use of library systems and information technology including social networking technologies
- Current Drivers Licence and Working with Children Check
- Experience delivering children's services in public libraries
To meet Council's WHS requirements and in accordance with Council's Covid-19 Safety Plans, this position has been identified via risk assessment to be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or provide evidence of an approved medical contraindication. If a medical contraindication certificate is provided, it will be assessed against a risk assessment and the decision of whether Council accepts the medical contraindication certificate, will be based on operational needs.
This position may require the successful applicant to undertake a National Police Check and/or relevant background checks.
Note: "The above position has also been identified as a Child-Related position under the Child Protection laws in NSW. Applicants will be required to obtain hold a Working with Children Check.
Further Information: Bianca Luks, Team Leader Library Programs. 4645 5135
Closing Date for above position: 12/02/2024
Position Description: For full position description details click here