- Support for our Development Assessment team with your high level administrative skills
- Permanent position with excellent working condition
- Contribute to the success of a dedicated team
City of Ryde, just 12 kilometres from Sydney CBD, is a place of unique lifestyle and opportunity. It is home to an engaged and culturally diverse community of around 130,000 people, and a strong and growing Smart City economy including more than 13,000 local businesses, Macquarie Park, world-class hospitals, and a leading university. All balanced with beautiful bushland, riverfront parks, open spaces, and sport facilities.
Our council delivers a broad range of services, projects, programs, and events. We are actively committed to innovation, sustainability, resilience and providing exceptional customer experiences, and this relies on attracting and keeping great people. We are a recognised Employer of Choice (Australian Business Awards 2022) and offer a range of benefits, including flexible work arrangements, health and wellbeing programs, a learning and development program including study support, and a reward and recognition program.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with passion and customer focus to join the Development Assessment team.
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Technical Support Officer to join our Development Assessment Department. In this role you will be to provide administrative support to the Senior Coordinator Technical Services, the Manager and team members in the administrative functions of the Department.
You will also assist in organising meetings and events, preparation of presentations using PowerPoint, update and maintain databases, type reports, letters, advertisements and large documents.
In this role you with support the administration of panels and committees related to the Development assessment team. In this role there may be opportunities to work across other departments in the City Development group.
Do you have experience in providing administrative, secretarial, and other general support services in a busy office? Do you have a customer centric attitude to your work? Do you have excellent organisational and time management skills? Do you know the functions of a Development Assessment team within Council or willing to learn?
Are you motivated to excel in your career in local government? Do you enjoy being the "go-to" person and working in a fast paced environment? If you answered "Yes" to the above, read on and apply for this challenging yet rewarding role.
In addition, you will also have:
- Tertiary Qualification or equivalent in Business Administration or related discipline is preferred but not essential.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Experience working in a fast paced, customer service environment
- Experience with Crystal Reports, Technology One - Property and Rating and InfoCouncil or similar software is preferred but not essential
Please note: In line with Council's COVIDSafe Workplace Policy & Procedure all staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Your commencing annual salary will commence from $62,178.03 + Superannuation, dependent on your experience and qualifications.
Culture & Benefits
- Commitment to providing opportunities for work/life balance
- Hybrid work from home and office arrangements available
- Flexibility regarding start and finish times to suit your lifestyle
- Work 37.5 hours and enjoy a rostered day off approx. every 3 weeks
- Long service leave after 5 years, then accrued monthly
- 18 weeks paid parental leave (for eligible employees)
- 3 extra grant days at Christmas to ensure you have time to enjoy the holiday
- Annual performance reviews and Award increases
- Access to free on-site gym facility
- Opportunity to sign up as a fitness passport member
- Various health & well-being initiatives (i.e. flu vaccinations, skin checks, etc.)
How to apply
Please ensure you give full answers to the online application questions, showcasing your abilities and experience. Your answers, in conjunction with your resume, will determine if you are invited to an interview.
Please note you do not need a "password" to use our on-line application system, however you have the option save and return to your application prior to the closing date. In addition to answering the online questions, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
Closing Date: Sunday 25 November 2023 at 11:30pm
If you would like to know more, please see the position description or contact Holly Charalambous 0422 152 526 for a confidential discussion.
City of Ryde is committed to Equal Employment and Child Safety