- Contribute to keeping City of Ryde's sportsgrounds and streetscapes well maintained
- Sportsground maintenance team
- Employer of Choice | RDO every 3 weeks
The City of Ryde was recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards and is a progressive local Council possessing natural landscapes, beautiful parks and scenic waterways, all centrally located only 12 kilometres from Sydney CBD.
About the role
Your duties will include the operation of a gang mowing tractor on quality sports field surfaces. You will also provide grounds maintenance services to the sportsgrounds team on a variety of ground maintenance projects when not operating mowing equipment.
You have a minimum class C drivers licence with proven tractor operator and groundskeeper labouring experience. You're highly reliable person who is able to work alone and as part of a team. You enjoy working outdoors and take pride in the work you do.
If you are an experienced tractor operator who enjoys maintaining sporting fields and are looking for long term employment, this is a great opportunity for you.
Please note: In line with Council's COVIDSafe Workplace Policy & Procedure all staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Experience operating tractors and sportsground maintenance equipment
- Strong safety and teamwork focus
- Current drivers licence and experience driving a tractor on open roads
- It is desirable that you hold a Certificate III in Horticulture, Greenkeeping or similar or have experience in a related area
Culture & Benefits
- Accrue a rostered day off approximately every 3 weeks
- Opportunity to signup and become a fitness passport member
- Uniform and equipment supplied
- Learning & Development opportunities (tickets/licences renewals and updates, training, opportunities to relieve in higher paid positions, etc.)
- Opportunity to join social club
- Various health & wellbeing initiatives (skin checks, flu vaccinations etc.)
How to apply
Apply now using our fast on-line, application system. You do not need a password to lodge your application, however, you will need to complete your application without "logging-out" of the system. In addition to answering the on-line questions shown below, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete your application (Note: you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria).
Closing Date: Sunday 25 November 2023 at 11:30pm
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or call Jonathan Harris on 0418 438 042 between 7:30 am and 3:00 pm Monday to Friday.
City of Ryde is committed to Equal Employment and Child Safety