Department: Engineering & Operations
Team: Civil Works
Employment Status: Permanent
Employment Arrangement: Full-Time, 35 hours per week with access to Council’s flexible working arrangements
Salary Range: Grade 11 $72,066.71 - $82,771.94, dependent upon experience, plus 11% Superannuation.
Strathfield Council (Council) is a medium sized Council located in Sydney’s Inner West. The area of the Council comprises approximately 14 square kilometres and has an estimated population of 46,000 residents, which is growing at 2.5-3% annually. Based on NSW Government projections, the population will increase to over 80,000 by 2036.
About the Opportunity
The position requires the use of acquired skills relevant to servicing, maintaining, rectifying mechanical breakdowns and problems to Council’s fleet and equipment.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Assisting with the formulation and updating of maintenance schedules for the assets and equipment under the control of the workshop;
- Carrying out all repairs or replacement in a tradesman like manner;
- Undertaking investigations to identify faults and failures, provide reports on and recommend repair / improvement options;
- Organising and where appropriate acquire the spare parts required to effect any repairs or maintenance in discussion with supervisor;
- Attending off site plant / vehicle breakdowns as and when required;
- Completing and maintaining relevant log sheets, job cards and record information and other paperwork as required;
- This position may be required to work after hours and weekends on an on-call basis.
For a full list of accountabilities, please see our attached position description below
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a trade licenced qualification.
- Be a licenced light and heavy vehicle mechanic.
- Hold a current NSW Heavy Rigid vehicle licence.
- Have solid working knowledge of auto electrics, electronics and hydraulic equipment plant and equipment.
- Have the ability and ongoing commitment to work with or without supervision.
- Have the ability to work as part of a team and foster positive relationships between departments in Council.
- Possess proven interpersonal skills.
- Have the ability to build positive relationships with staff and management at all levels.
To view the available staff benefits, please click here.
To review this position description for this role, please click here.
Applicants can apply through our online application process:
1. Please Review fill out your details and answer our designated questions below.
2. Review and answer our designated questions attach any relevant documentation on the next page before concluding your application.
In line with Council’s Vaccination Policy, all employees must be fully vaccinated prior to commencing with Council.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Mark Bye on 02 9748 9999 or email@example.com.
Applications Close at 10pm, Sunday 3 December 2023
Strathfield Council is an EEO employer. We are an inclusive employer and encourage applications from people from diverse groups, including, but not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, young people, older workers, people with disabilities, LGBTQIA+ and other minority groups.