- Regular hours and job security
- Ongoing training and career opportunities
- Employer of Choice | Rostered Days Off
The City of Ryde was recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards and is home to Macquarie Park which is poised to become the fourth largest GDP producing centre in Australia by 2036. We also enjoy pristine riverfronts and bushland, world-class hospitals, and a leading University. Importantly, we are home to over 13,000 businesses and around 130,000 hard-working, compassionate, and enterprising people.
About the Role
As a Labourer in one of our Civil Infrastructure teams you will undertake a range of civil works construction and maintenance projects across the Ryde local government area specifically relating to landscape, road, footpath and drainage works.
You're an energetic and reliable team member with demonstrated experience in labouring in a civil construction environment. You have a keen eye for detail with a proven skills and experience in formwork, concreting, drainage, kerb and guttering. In addition you will also have:
- Relevant demonstrated experience in civil or landscape construction
- WHS General Induction Certificate (White Card)
- Competent in use of civil and landscape construction related plant and equipment
- Experience with setting levels and string lines
- Demonstrated experience in the use of small plant and equipment in a safe and effective manner
- Able to work effectively as part of a small team and without close supervision
Culture & Benefits
- Accrue a rostered day off approximately every 3 weeks
- Opportunity to signup and become a fitness passport member
- Uniform and equipment supplied
- Learning & development opportunities
- Opportunity to join Social Club
- Various health & well-being initiatives (skin checks, flu vaccinations, etc)
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. In addition to answering the on-line questions shown below, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete the application process (Note: you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria).
Closing Date: Sunday 19 November 2023 @11:30pm
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or call Steve Archer on (02) 9952 8162 between 7.00am and 3.00pm Monday - Friday for a confidential discussion.
City of Ryde is committed to Equal Employment and Child Safety