- Lead and coordinate the work of sportsground maintenance teams
- To and from work vehicle
- Enjoy a RDO every 3 weeks | Employer of Choice
The City of Ryde was recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards and is home to Macquarie Park which is poised to become the fourth largest GDP producing centre in Australia by 2036. We also enjoy pristine riverfronts and bushland, world-class hospitals, and a leading University. Importantly, we are home to over 13,000 businesses and around 130,000 hard-working, compassionate, and enterprising people.
About the Role
Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced groundskeeper to take on a team leadership role in our sportsground area. Your key responsibility will be to ensure maintenance and preparatory work in sporting fields and related areas is completed safely, on-time and to the required standards while working as a hands-on member of the team.
Your commencing salary will range from $62,178 - $76,168 p.a. + superannuation + to and from work vehicle, dependent on your relevant skills and experience. In addition, you will receive a To and from work vehicle.
- Hold at least Certificate 3 level qualifications in greenkeeping, horticulture or similar
- Have significant experience in a greenkeeping or sporting fields maintenance role
- Have experience leading teams and coordinating daily work tasks
- Be physically fit and enjoy working outdoors
- Have a personal commitment to safe working practices
Culture & Benefits
- Receive a to and from work vehicle
- Enjoy Council's rostered day off (RDO) scheme
- Uniform and relevant PPE provided
- Council provided ticket renewals and paid training as required for the position
- Health & well-being initiatives (i.e. flu vaccinations, skin checks, fitness passport, etc.)
- Career development opportunities
- Annual Award increases and performance reviews
- A rostered day off approximately once every 3 weeks, 18 weeks paid parental leave, LSL after 5 years, and 3 extra leave days at Christmas
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. In addition to answering the on-line application questions shown below, you will need to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a separate cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
Closing Date: Monday 25 September 2023 at 11:30pm
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or contact Richie Griffiths on 0418 200 139 between 7:30am and 3:00pm Monday to Friday.
City of Ryde is committed to Equal Employment and Child Safety