- Located in scenic Picton
- Permanent Full Time Position – 35 hours per week
- Competitive market salary
- Work-life balance with flexible work arrangements and working from home opportunities
A unique opportunity for someone who is looking to step into a network and security-related role with a compliment of operational tasks and exciting new projects. Want to be a part of making Wollondilly an even better place?
Wollondilly Shire Council covers a Local Government Area of approximately 2,560km2 of pristine bushland, crystal clear waterways and unique towns and villages that are home to close-knit communities. We are experiencing a time of significant growth and require suitably qualified and experienced professionals to go on this exciting journey with us.
In addition to the positive and supportive work culture, there are a number of benefits and opportunities available to our employees including:
- Health and Wellbeing programs
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Employee Reward and Recognition Programs
- Educational Assistance Program
- Staff Social activities
About the Role
Wollondilly Shire Council has an opportunity for an experienced network and security engineer to join our growing Information and Technology team. Reporting to the Information Technology Team Leader, your diverse skillset will be utilised for the implementation of the network, server, storage, desktop, cyber security and IT risk components of Council's information technology environment.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate their competency for the position by meeting the following essential criteria:
- Information Technology related degree, or extensive relevant industry experience.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated experience in creating an managing a complex IT environment including network, server, storage, and desktop infrastructure.
- Demonstrated experience in creating and implementing a cyber security and IT risk management frameworks.
- Ability to undertake planning which may be complex and involve working groups.
- Previous experience in providing quality customer service with the ability to relay technical information to a range of internal customers.
Further Information: David Thompson, Information Technology Team Leader, 4677 9619.
Closing Date: 5:00pm Monday, 29 May 2023
Don’t delay any longer, Apply Now and let’s make Wollondilly an even better place, together.
To be considered for this position, candidates must apply via Council’s website, Wollondilly Employment Opportunities and answer the position specific selection criteria as listed in this advertisement.
Those not addressing the selection criteria will not be considered.
Preferred applicants will be required to undertake a pre-placement medical. This includes drug and alcohol screening. The preferred applicant may also be required to undertake Police Background, Credential and Bankruptcy Checks.
In accordance with the Local Government (State) Award 2020 all positions are engaged Monday to Sunday except as otherwise provided.
Wollondilly Shire Council is committed to workplace diversity.