- Picton location
- Permanent Full Time Position
- Salary from $102,774 to $119,272 + 10.5% Superannuation + Leaseback
- Hybrid working arrangements
We have a new and exciting opportunity for an experienced Procurement professional to lead and shape Council’s newly established Procurement Team. If you are highly motivated, passionate for continuous improvement and strive for the best value outcome, this position could be what you have been waiting for!
The Wollondilly Shire is currently experiencing significant growth and change within our community and require suitably qualified and experienced professionals to go on this exciting journey with us. It is truly an exciting time for Wollondilly Shire Council, our employees and most of all our Community.
Our recent employee survey results have proven just how amazingly positive and supportive our culture is at Wollondilly Shire Council. We are proud of our positive employee engagement being recognised within the top 10% of Local Council’s.
In addition to the positive and supportive work culture, there are a number of benefits and opportunities available to our employees including:
- Health and Wellbeing programs
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Employee Reward and Recognition Programs
- Educational Assistance Program
- Staff Social activities
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced Team Leader Procurement within our Procurement Team. In this role, you will provide leadership to the Procurement Services team in the delivery of strategic procurement outcomes, developing an organisation wide understanding of procurement, driving compliance with Councils procurement procedures and collaborating across the organisation to ensure that the best value outcomes are achieved. The successful applicant will need to demonstrate their competency for the position by meeting the following essential criteria:
- Tertiary qualifications in business, purchasing and procurement or related field or extensive relevant experience.
- Demonstrated relevant work experience in Procurement, Purchasing and Inventory management, which has delivered “best value” outcomes and proven cost savings.
- Experience in developing, implementing and reviewing procurement strategies, policies and procedures
- Demonstrated experience coordinating tendering processes and managing large contracts.
- Demonstrated ability to manage several concurrent projects and minor activities.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and developing a growing team
- Current Class C Driver’s Licence.
Further Information: Rob Seidel, Chief Financial Officer, 4677 9662.
Closing Date: 5:00pm Monday, 29 May 2023
Don’t delay any longer, Apply Now and let’s make Wollondilly an even better place, together.
To be considered for this position, candidates must apply via Council’s website, Wollondilly Employment Opportunities and answer the position specific selection criteria as listed in this advertisement.
Those not addressing the selection criteria will not be considered.
Preferred applicants will be required to undertake a pre-placement medical. This includes drug and alcohol screening. The preferred applicant may also be required to undertake Police Background, Credential and Bankruptcy Checks.
In accordance with the Local Government (State) Award 2020 all positions are engaged Monday to Sunday except as otherwise provided.
Wollondilly Shire Council is committed to workplace diversity.