The position will be working in a small technical team which includes other traffic, road safety & strategic planning members. Priority areas include the ability to investigate, develop systems and implement transport, traffic facilities, road safety, active transport & access strategies with a strong focus on delivering a high level of customer service. This position will also assist with broader infrastructure plans and strategies for the Blue Mountains, including input into assets works plans.
You will have:
· Tertiary qualifications or experience in traffic engineering/strategic planning/ or related field, combined with a level of practical experience and in-depth knowledge to cover the range of focus areas responsibilities.
· Demonstrated ability to investigate, negotiate and solve traffic engineering problems.
· Experience across a broad range of transport/civil and/or building works to enable development of strategies.
· Experience in the collection and analysis of traffic data.
· Experience in communicating complex issues clearly and credibly and highly developed negotiation skills.
A Civil Liability Allowance of 3.5% is available with this position.
Salary: commencing at $96,776.59 gross per annum.
For further information contact: Glenn Sherlock on (02) 4780 5692.
Closing date: Sunday, 4 June 2023.
* * * * * * *
APPLICATION INFORMATION: It is preferred that you obtain the position description and information on how to apply from our website, www.bmcc.nsw.gov.au/jobs. Applications addressing the selection criteria, accompanied by a resume, references and copies of qualifications should be emailed to email@example.com prior to closing date. If you are unable to get access to a computer, hardcopy applications may be posted to Staff Applications, Blue Mountains City Council, Locked Bag 1005, KATOOMBA NSW 2780.