WE ARE DRC
Dubbo Regional Council is part of Wiradjuri Country and we acknowledge all clan groups that reside within the Dubbo and Wellington Wiradjuri Nation. A large and diverse organisation with over 600 team members, we put relationships at the centre of our decision making and service delivery. With a population of almost 55,000 and a service catchment population of 120,000 people, our growing region offers a connected community with great access to nature, plus all the amenities of a major city. Find out more at www.dubbo.com.au.
ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population almost 55,000 and 5,143 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people in the Orana Region, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Ballina and Newcastle. Dubbo Regional Council is part of Wiradjuri Country and we acknowledge all clan groups that reside within the Dubbo and Wellington Wiradjuri Nation.
This position is responsible for ensuring a clean and tidy site at the Old Dubbo Gaol, assisting with preparation of site for functions and events and general maintenance duties.
This position is a permanent part time position working 20 hours per week.
In this role, you will have an opportunity to:
- Ensure buildings are clean and well presented
- Perform garden and general maintenance and repairs
- Assist with venue and event preparation
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Demonstrated relevant experience and job related skills including garden maintenance, janitorial duties and minor repairs
- Working knowledge in building maintenance, security and safety/risk management systems
You will be experienced in ground and building maintenance, and thrive on the opportunity to undertake a variety of duties in a heritage listed tourist attraction. Additionally, you will have excellent communication skills with a well developed understanding of Work Health and Safety.
You will be a team player, who looks for constructive ways to influence a positive team culture and shows leadership aligned with the DRC Vision, Purpose and Values.
What we offer
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Job Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
This position requires a working with children check.
Salary: $26,549 - $32,702 per annum plus superannuation and an industry allowance.
Closing Date: 9.00am Monday 29 May 2023
Enquiries: Old Dubbo Gaol Operations Coordinator - 6801 4465
How to Apply:
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you will have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)