- Join a dynamic Council with a diverse property portfolio
- Assist and contribute to Councils Property Management function
- Employer of Choice | Hybrid work environment
The City of Ryde was recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards and is home to Macquarie Park which is poised to become the fourth largest GDP producing centre in Australia by 2036. We also enjoy pristine riverfronts and bushland, world-class hospitals, and a leading University. Importantly, we are home to over 13,000 businesses and around 130,000 hard-working, compassionate, and enterprising people.
About the Role
In this role, you will undertake the full range of commercially accepted property management functions in respect of Council's diverse property portfolio (community buildings, parks buildings, libraries, affordable housing, outdoor dining, commercial properties and the like). You will be chiefly responsible for managing a key part of this portfolio - Leasing and Licensing management.
Your day to day duties will be varied and can include tenant marketing, identification and selection, appointing and managing agents, Lease/Licence negotiations and documentation (both new and renewal), periodic rent and fee reviews together with tenancy compliance inspections. You will also be involved in budgeting and KPI reviews, policy implementation and statutory property matters.
Please note this is a part-time (3 days per week) position for a period of 12 months as the current incumbent transitions to retirement. Following this period, there is likely to be an opportunity to apply for the permanent full time position.
Your commencing annual salary will range from $88,129 - $107,958 + superannuation (pro-rata), dependent on your skills, experience and qualifications.
- Tertiary qualifications in property management, facilities management or similar or demonstrable equivalent experience.
- Proven experience in property management & property maintenance of large diverse property portfolios, especially in a local government or public sector context.
- Proven experience in the development and preparation of leases, licences and other tenure documentation including procurement and contract supervision.
- Sound knowledge of budgeting, account processing and invoicing, including rent and fee reviews, invoicing and outgoing recoupment, account reconciliation and arrears and debt management.
- Experience in MS office, computerised records (Tech1) and property databases.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant property legislation, regulations & procedures.
- Demonstrated negotiation and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Current NSW Drivers Licence
Culture & Benefits
- Commitment to providing opportunities for work/life balance
- Hybrid work from home and office arrangements available
- Flexibility regarding start and finish times to suit your lifestyle
- Long service leave after 5 years, then accrued monthly
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- 3 extra grant days at Christmas to ensure you have time to enjoy the holiday
- Annual performance reviews and Award increases
- Opportunity to sign up as a fitness passport member
- Various health & well-being initiatives (i.e. flu vaccinations, skin checks, etc.)
We have a two stage interview process. The first stage of the interview process is the completion of the below questions. Please ensure you give full answers, showcasing your abilities and experience. Your answers, in conjunction with your resume, will determine if you are invited to an in person interview. This is normally the final stage in the interview process.
Please note you do not need a "password" to use our on-line application system. In addition to answering the on-line questions shown below, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria. .
Closing Date: Wednesday 31 May 2023 at 11:30pm
If you would like to know more, please see the position description or contact Mario Galatola on 0468 570 609 for a confidential discussion.
City of Ryde is committed to Equal Employment and Child Safety