Previous applicants need not apply
Department: Engineering & Operations
Team: Operations /Cleansing Services
Employment Status: Permanent/Full Time
Employment Arrangement: 35 hours per week
Salary: Grade 6 $56,740.30 –$65,051.46 per annum dependent upon skills and experience, plus 10.5% super
About Strathfield Council
Strathfield Council is centrally located in Sydney’s inner-west, half way between the Parramatta and Sydney CBD with accessible public transport options and parking available.
As a medium-sized council, we focus on a myriad of Local Government responsibilities which services over 40,000 residents in the Strathfield LGA. Strathfield is home to a myriad of beautiful sports fields and open spaces which is showcased as the pride of the LGA.
Our core values of Teamwork, Integrity, Accountability and Safety are at the heart of our organisation and Council emphasises the importance of achieving work-life harmony and developing staff.
About the Opportunity
This role provides the opportunity to maintain a clean and safe Municipality by undertaking street cleansing and waste removal duties in high profile areas.
To achieve this, the role duties include:
- Provide high quality town street cleansing and waste removal services to the Municipality;
- Provide effective and efficient delivery of required cleansing outcomes on a daily basis, and for contributing effectively to a team-based approach to the continuous improvement of cleansing services;
- Operation of plant and equipment in accordance with safe work method statements;
- Be prepared to work any shift (day, afternoon, or night) and on weekends and required;
- Report to the Manager any defects or faults related to the Municipality infrastructure.
For a full list of accountabilities, please see our attached PD below
The successful candidate will gain a sense of accomplishment from directly contributing to increased quality of the environment around our municipality.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Basic working knowledge of procedures or practices in one function. General Schooling, Year 12 Standard or specialist training in one specific subject or skill e.g. completing a TAFE Certificate Levels 1 & 2;
- Current Class ‘LR’ Driver’s Licence.
- Demonstrated experience in driving various vehicles and plant for operation;
- Be prepared to work any shift (day, afternoon or night), weekend overtime and public holidays from various locations as required – Rotating roster (7 days);
- Can communicate to a level that enables the accurate interpretation of instructions;
- Ability to work in a team environment and individually under limited supervision;
- Experience in the use of handheld equipment, operation and driving the full range of street cleaning equipment, plant, and trucks (Desirable).
To review this position description for this role, please click here.
To see the staff benefits available, please click here.
Applicants can apply through our online application process:
1. Please fill out your details below and attach any relevant documentation on the next page.
Applications will have to address the Selection Criteria as found within the Position Description.
2. Review and answer our designated questions before concluding your application.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Jason Flynn on 02 9748 9999.
Please note you must be double vaccinated against Covid-19 to attend an interview and work in this position
Applications Close at 10pm, Sunday 4 June 2023