THE POSITION: The Executive Assistant to the Mayor supports the Mayor on correspondence, meetings, managing projects and a diverse and high-level range of administrative assignments.
- Skills and experience in office management, administration and support functions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including oral, written and verbal skills.
- Ability to prepare complex letters/briefing papers
- Experience in photography and social media
- Organisation and time management skills and the ability to handling competing priorities
- Ability to apply initiative and problem solve to determine an appropriate course of action
- Ability to handle confidential and highly sensitive information in a professional manner
- Advanced skills in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), including email and internet as well as databases
- Knowledge of Local Government environment, Organisation Structure and Business Unit responsibilities
- Relevant qualifications and experience in the provision of best practice office management and/or executive and administrative support
SALARY & EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS:
- Permanent position, 35 hours per week
- This position is a Grade 5, salary range is $77,631 p.a. with progression to $85,689 p.a. on demonstrated competencies, with performance progression to $90,936 p.a.
- Flexible working hours are available.
FURTHER CONTACTS: Enquiries regarding the position should be directed to Anna Milienou on 9725 0205.
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday, 14 June 2023
HOW TO APPLY: Applications must address the knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience required in the Position Description. A position description is available from the contact person listed above, or from Council’s Website. To apply online visit Council’s website www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/fccjobs. Applications should be addressed to the undersigned and received by the closing date. Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense.
Please note that this role requires mandatory vaccination against COVID-19. All applicants must be vaccinated (and provide proof - cited vaccination certificate).
Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer. As an inclusive workplace, we support reasonable workplace adjustment. If you do require an adjustment during the recruitment process, please notify us on your application form.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia, and may be required to undertake a national police clearance as part of the recruitment process.
We kindly ask for no recruiters at this stage.
PO BOX 21 BRADLEY CUTTS
FAIRFIELD NSW 1860 GENERAL MANAGER