Salary Range: $79k - $90k per annum + 3.5% civil liability allowance + superannuation, with a monthly RDO
Vehicle, house and relocation allowance may be available
Graduates encouraged to apply!
Warrumbungle Shire is strategically positioned on the Newell Highway, a short drive from Tamworth, Mudgee and Dubbo, and just over 3 hours from Newcastle, making Warrumbungle Shire a great place to live and work. Covering an area of more than 12,000km², and with a population of nearly 10,000, Warrumbungle Shire Council is one of the larger Local Government Areas in Central West NSW, home to the townships of Coonabarabran, Coolah, Dunedoo, Binnaway, Baradine and Mendooran.
This position is located in Coolah. Situated on the picturesque Coolaburragundy River and nestled in a valley of the Liverpool Range, the town is surrounded by undulating hills and fertile river flats and is an attractive service town for the surrounding agricultural district. Only an hour south east of Coonabarabran and close to major centres, and with the nearby Coolah Tops National Park offering rugged natural beauty and adventure, Coolah delivers the best of country living.
With a rich history and stunning landscapes including spectacular mountain ranges, waterfalls, ancient sandstone caves, gorges, and beautiful plains, our scenic location amongst friendly country communities provides an ideal setting for those looking to balance a country lifestyle and career.
At Warrumbungle Shire Council we offer a broad variety of jobs with a range of benefits and career development opportunities within Local Government. The guiding principles of honesty, integrity, fairness and compassion form the spirit of the team along with respect, transparency, passion, trust and opportunity is how Warrumbungle Shire Council strengthens its working environment to deliver on the aspirations of our community. We are an EEO Employer with a commitment to our staff and our vision is Excellence in Local Government.
Benefits of working for Council
Council are committed to creating a positive working environment and offer a range of benefits for staff, including
- Long Service Leave after 5 years
- Monthly RDO
- Option of a Leaseback Vehicle available
- Support for training and professional development
- Salary Packaging options to maximise your take-home pay
- Generous relocation allowance may be available
- Council housing may be available at Coolah
- Employee Assistance Program
- PPE provided
- Generous uniform allowance
Warrumbungle Shire Council has made extensive investment in a major Water and Wastewater capital works programme delivering a suite of water treatment plants, sewerage treatment plants and reticulation projects across the Shire. There is significant opportunity for the right candidate to provide signficant contribution towards the successful delivery of these projects.
The Project Engineer is responsible for providing planning, technical advice and management of project activities to ensure projects are delivered in accordance with the contract requirements and within the nominated constraints for time, cost, quality, safety and the environment. In this role you will take ownership of all aspects of projects for Warrumbungle Water including, safety, technical/engineering advice, models and engineering drawings, project plans, tenders, contractor engagement, stakeholder management, budget management, project performance and project finalisation. You will assist with the implementation and formulation of Strategic Plans for Warrumbungle Water, Councils Drinking Water Management System, Water Loss Management Plan and Asset Management Plans.
Training and mentorship can be provided to the right applicant to succeed in this role. Graduates are encouraged to apply.
Please click here to view the position description.
- Commitment to Council’s Mission, Values and Code of Conduct
- Understanding of work health and safety (WHS) in the workplace and commitment to a positive contribution to WHS in the workplace and compliance with Council and legislative requirements
- Degree qualified as a civil, process, chemical engineer or similar, with either experience in delivering water and sewer projects or strong desire to start a career as a water engineering professional
- In-depth understanding of project management principles and processes
- Demonstrated experience in project management with knowledge of project construction and contract management and tender evaluation procedures
- Demonstrated experience managing time, cost and risk while meeting stated objectives and project goals
- Ability and experience in large projects, including development of comprehensive project plans, charters and business cases
- In depth understanding of risk management and its role in managing project fundamentals such as time, cost, quality, safety and the environment
- Strong communication and organisation skills including demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders
- Class C Driver’s Licence
- OHS Construction Induction Certificate valid in NSW
- Understanding of water and sewage treatment principles as well as water reticulation and sewage collection networks
- Understanding of asset management principles
- Knowledge of the Local Government Act
Applicants should note that Criminal History Checks, as well as alcohol and drug testing, are conditions of employment.
Applications close at 11.00 pm Sunday 4 June 2023.
For enquiries, please contact Human Resources on 6849 2000.