We are seeking a Network and Telecommunications Administrator who can strategise, design, install, configure, administer and troubleshoot Council's network and telecommunications services including LAN, WAN, IP Telephony, mobile services, applications and products.
About the role:
- plan and implement short and long-term strategies to provide network capacity and capability
- manage and support routers, switches, firewalls, WAN services and Wi-Fi infrastructure
- resolve complex problems and provide support for issues affecting operations
- work with network and telecommunications vendors
- develop, maintain and implement technical operation documentation and work procedures
What's on offer:
- a base salary ranging from $88,141 per annum with competency-based increments up to $101,440 per annum, plus 10.5% super
- 70 hour, 9 day fortnight
- training and development opportunities
- flexible work options for a healthy work/life balance
- generous employment conditions (we have too many to list - click here for more).
We are seeking:
- associate diploma in information technology studies, or other formally recognised industry qualifications or demonstrated experience
- experience in building resilient networks
- ability to design, implement, operate and analyse network performance monitoring
- high level interpersonal and customer service skills
- exposure to HP/Aruba, Dell and Cisco Switches, SonicWall Firewalls and Ruckus WiFi would be an advantage
- Located on the picturesque far North Coast of NSW, bordering the Gold Coast.
- The Tweed is a vibrant, diverse location offering a lifestyle near the water, in a rainforest or on a farm.
- Tweed Shire Council is committed to employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds in both traditional and non-traditional roles. We provide workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff.
- Join an employer of choice. Professionals Australia (Local Government Engineers’ Association) has named Council the 2021 Employer of Choice for our great employment practices within NSW local government.
Where it's located:
This position is based in Tweed Heads, and can be directed to work from any Council work site.
Friday 02 June 2023 at 12 noon sharp (NSW time). Late applications will not be permitted.