THE POSITION: Fairfield City Council’s Waste & Cleansing, Parks and Gardens department is currently looking for a hard working individual to operate our mowers and tractors, weed spraying plant and equipment for the City Services Branch. If you are a physically fit, hardworking plant operator who is up for a challenge, this may be the role for you.
You would be part of the team who are responsible for the maintenance of parks, gardens and reserves. This role will require you to take ownership of the plant - that means operating & maintaining the plant on a daily basis with high levels of safety, quality and customer focus. We are looking for highly motivated, switched on people who enjoy being part of a team, whose goal is to provide the best possible service to the ratepayers of Fairfield City Council.
- Current Class 1A driver’s licence
- Knowledge and practical application of WHS principles and Work Health and Safety legislation.
- Experience with operating weed spraying equipment
- Hold a current ‘Chemcert’ (Chemical Handling) qualification
- Demonstrated experience equipment including operating out-front mowers.
- Operating plant and equipment. On the job training will be provided
- Certificate II in Horticulture, Local Government or Green Keeping or relevant industry experience
SALARY & EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS:
- Permanent position, 76 hours per fortnight
- This position is a Grade B, salary range is $54,073 p.a. with progression to $59,660 p.a. on demonstrated competencies, with performance progression to $63,304 p.a.
- A Uniform is provided
FURTHER CONTACTS: Enquiries regarding the position or a position description is available by contacting Charlie Darlington on 0407493390
CLOSING DATE: 30/9/22 Previous applicants need not apply.
HOW TO APPLY: Applications must address the knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience required in the Position Description. A position description is available from the contact person listed above, or from Council’s Website. To apply online visit Council’s website www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/fccjobs. Applications should be addressed to the undersigned and received by the closing date. Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense.
Please note that this role requires mandatory vaccination against COVID-19 at Fairfield City Council. All applicants must be vaccinated (and provide proof - cited vaccination certificate).
Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer. As an inclusive workplace, we support reasonable workplace adjustment. If you do require an adjustment during the recruitment process, please notify us on your application form.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia, and may be required to undertake a national police clearance as part of the recruitment process.
We kindly ask for no recruiters at this stage.
PO BOX 21 BRAD CUTTS
FAIRFIELD NSW 1860 CITY MANAGER