We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.WE ARE DRC
Our focus is on delivering high quality services, strengthening our community engagement and strategic management capabilities, building an organisation based on performance and continuous improvement whilst creating a values based organisational culture and developing a professional and engaged team that delivers on our shared values; Progressive, Sustainable, One Team and Integrity.ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population almost 55,000 and 5,143 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people in the Orana Region, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Ballina and Newcastle. Dubbo Regional Council is part of Wiradjuri Country and we acknowledge all clan groups that reside within the Dubbo and Wellington Wiradjuri Nation.THE OPPORTUNITY
The Environment and Health Specialist provides a range of services, controls and public education processes for the protection of the community against physical danger, environmental hazard and discomfort and exposure to health risks. The position aims to protect, preserve and enhance the natural and built environment within the Dubbo Regional Council Local Government Area.IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Conduct Environmental and Health assessments of Development applications;
- Assess and monitor compliance of section 68 approvals;
- Develop, implement and review relevant Council plans and policies relevant to the position; and
- Conduct Food Safety and Public Health inspections.
- Bachelor Degree in Environmental Health, Environmental Science or related discipline;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Effective time management and prioritisation skills; and
- Demonstrated ability to interpret legislation and policy relevant to the Environment and Health functions of Council.
You have excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, well developed computer skills and demonstrated effective time management skills.
You have the ability to build and maintain strong positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
You will be a team player, who continually looks for positive ways to contribute to team culture.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program.
DRC also offers a variety of flexible working arrangements, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
DRC has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
DRC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
This position requires a pre-employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Job Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
Salary: $86,656-$100,708 per annum plus superannuation. A Leaseback vehicle is available.
Closing Date: 9:00am Tuesday 4 October 2022
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council's Manager Environmental Compliance - 6801 4630HOW TO APPLY
- Please Fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you'll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)