· Deliver infrastructure projects to create destination Burwood
· Exceptional project delivery skills
· Two-year contract
Burwood Council is undergoing significant transformation. The LGA has been designated as a Strategic Centre by the State Government, and this is reflected in the transformation of community assets and amenities through significant WestInvest funding. In response to this, the Director City Assets is now seeking to appoint a Project Manager so that Burwood maximises these opportunities.
As part of the City Assets Directorate and working collaboratively across Council, you will lead and manage a broad project portfolio to deliver civil, building and open space infrastructure projects within time and on budget. Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- leading the planning and design of infrastructure projects end-to-end, from design to completion;
- working with and communicating regularly to key stakeholders, internally and externally;
- managing commercially astute procurement processes and contracts;
- managing risk, WHS and project budgets; and,
- proactively managing consultants and contractors performing work on behalf of Council.
With appropriate tertiary qualifications, you will have a proven track record in managing and delivering civil, building and infrastructure projects in a timely and cost-effective manner. You will have demonstrated experience in contemporary design and construction methodologies and in managing budgetary constraints. A sound understanding of legislative and regulatory frameworks is essential. Strong communication and negotiation skills will be critical to success in this role.
Please send a confidential resume to: email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 30th September, 2022