Council is seeking an experienced Payroll Supervisor to fill a
Permanent Full Time Position working a 35 hour week with 1 VDO each month
Salary from $89,687.52 pa to $104,037.96 pa + Superannuation
- Lovely Southern Highlands location
- Great team environment
- Focus on Health and Well Being with flexible working conditions
- Be part of our growing dynamic council
Located in the beautiful Southern Highlands of NSW, 1.5 hours south-west of Sydney -
Wingecarribee Shire Council is working to create and nurture a vibrant & diverse community in harmony with the region's urban, agricultural & natural environments.
About the Role
The role of the Payroll Supervisor is to:
1. Oversee the efficient processing and payment of Council employees in accordance with relevant legislative and award requirements and in line with Council's policies and procedures.
2. Provide accurate and timely information and advice to external and internal clients.
1. Demonstrated experience in a senior payroll position with the ability to prepare complex reconciliations and the completion of financial reports.
2. Strong spreadsheet and database skills within the Microsoft Office Environment.
3. Excellent customer service and communication (verbal and written) skills.
4. Ability to drive change through policy, procedural and system improvements.
5. Demonstrated capacity to coordinate and mentor staff.
6. Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
7. High attention to detail and ability to prioritise and complete tasks efficiently and to deadlines.
8. Demonstrated experience with the Microsoft Suite.
9. Current NSW Driver's Licence (Class C).
- Knowledge of Council's Payroll Software (Chris21) and Financial Software (Finance One).
- Local Government Experience.
- Well-developed ability to interpret and apply the Local Government Award.
How to Apply
Please upload your current resume and an explanation of how you meet the essential criteria. Applicants not addressing the essential criteria may not be considered.
For further information about the role, please contact Pav Kuzmanovski, Chief Finance Officer on (02) 4868 0888.
In accordance with Wingecarribee Shire Council's COVID 19 Safety Plan, we encourage all employees to be COVID 19 vaccinated.
Wingecarribee Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people. We value people of all cultures, languages, capacities, sexual orientations, gender identities, and/or expressions. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Applications are to be received by 23rd September 2022.
Click here to download the Position Description.