Make Council your Career!
Permanent Full Time Opportunity
38 hour week with a 9 day fortnight
Weekly wage from $1,327.76- $1,540.21 (depending on skills and experience). Plus 10.5% superannuation
The Benefits of working for Council:
- Focus on Health and Well Being with flexible working conditions.
- Career advancement, training and certificates
- Job security
- Penalties and allowances (if applicable)
- Corporate discounts for gym and pool membership
- Reward & Recognition and Wellness programs
- Access to our free, confidential employee assistance program (EAP).
About the Role:
The Team Leader provides direction, support and feedback to all team members to facilitate the delivery of cost effective, quality service and the achievement of business objectives.
The Team Leader is also a hands-on role within the team and will be responsible for carrying operational duties as directed, in an effective and efficient manner in accordance within specified standards and time constraints.
Work activities will include but not be limited to the maintenance and construction of urban and rural roads including patching, grading, re-seal preparation, heavy patching, bridgework (minor and major), concreting clearing and upgrading of drainage structures.
1. Skills and experience in roads and drainage related construction and maintenance activities (minimum 5 years).
2. Understanding of relevant legislation, standards and regulations (Environmental and Workplace Health and Safety) and how it relates construction and maintenance activities.
3. Demonstrated experience in the supervision and leadership of multi-disciplinary teams.
4. Demonstrated high level of organisational skills to manage multiple tasks, exercise initiative and meet deadlines.
5. Sound level of verbal, numeracy and written communication skills including liaising with customers on-site.
6. A demonstrated intermediate level of computer literacy (word processing, spreadsheets, databases, asset management systems) and ability to adapt to new technologies.
7. Demonstrated experience in delivering efficient and effective construction and maintenance services, to agreed levels of service whilst managing customer expectations.
8. Knowledge and experience of workplace risk and applying Workplace Health and Safety principles using safe systems of work in road construction and maintenance activities including; Working with Traffic, Confined Spaces, Overhead and Underground Assets, Excavation and Working with Hazardous Substances.
9. A current Class C Driver Licence and General Induction for Construction in NSW (White Card).
How to Apply:
Please upload your current resume and a brief cover letter.
Applicants not addressing the essential criteria may not be considered. For further information about the role, please contact Greg Bray Manger Open Space, Recreation & Building Maintenance on (02) 4868 0888.
In accordance with Wingecarribee Shire Council's COVID 19 Safety Plan, we encourage all employees to be COVID 19 vaccinated.
Wingecarribee Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people. We value people of all cultures, languages, capacities, sexual orientations, gender identities, and/or expressions. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Applications will be progressively reviewed
Click here to download the Position Description.