Salary Range: $1,068 - $1,219 per 35 hour week + superannuation
Warrumbungle Shire is strategically positioned on the Newell Highway, a short drive from Tamworth, Mudgee and Dubbo, and just over 3 hours from Newcastle, making Warrumbungle Shire a great place to live and work. Covering an area of more than 12,000km², and with a population of nearly 10,000, Warrumbungle Shire Council is one of the larger Local Government Areas in Central West NSW, home to the townships of Coonabarabran, Coolah, Dunedoo, Binnaway, Baradine and Mendooran.
With a rich history and stunning landscapes including spectacular mountain ranges, waterfalls, ancient sandstone caves, gorges, and beautiful plains, our scenic location amongst friendly country communities provides an ideal setting for those looking to balance a country lifestyle and career.
At Warrumbungle Shire Council we offer a broad variety of jobs with a range of benefits and career development opportunities within Local Government. The guiding principles of honesty, integrity, fairness and compassion form the spirit of the team along with respect, transparency, passion, trust and opportunity is how Warrumbungle Shire Council strengthens its working environment to deliver on the aspirations of our community. We are an EEO Employer with a commitment to our staff and our vision is Excellence in Local Government.
Benefits of working for Council
Council are committed to creating a positive working environment and offer a range of benefits for staff, including
- Long Service Leave after 5 years
- Monthly RDO
- Support for training and professional development
- Salary Packaging options to maximise your take-home pay
The Finance Officer is responsible for providing effective and efficient financial services to both internal and external customers of Council. The Finance Officer performs a number of duties across the key finance functions of accounts receivable and accounts payable, as well as other finance related tasks as required.
This position may also be required to undertakes stores duties to relieve in the absence of the stores officer.
- Commitment to Council’s Mission, Values and Code of Conduct
- Understanding of work health and safety (WHS) in the workplace and commitment to a positive contribution to WHS in the workplace and compliance with Council and legislative requirements
- Certificate III in Accounting or equivalent relevant qualification and / or substantial experience in a finance role
- High level accuracy in data entry / checking
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Class C NSW Drivers Licence
- Experience in a finance role in Local Government
- A working knowledge of integrated ledger systems such as Practical, Authority or Finance One
Applicants should note that Criminal History Checks, as well as alcohol and drug testing, are conditions of employment.
Applications close at 11.00 pm Sunday 3 July 2022.
For enquiries, please contact Human Resources on 6849 2000.