Salary Range: $30.53 - $34.84 per hour + superannuation
Warrumbungle Shire is strategically positioned on the Newell Highway, a short drive from Tamworth, Mudgee and Dubbo, and just over 3 hours from Newcastle, making Warrumbungle Shire a great place to live and work. Covering an area of more than 12,000km², and with a population of nearly 10,000, Warrumbungle Shire Council is one of the larger Local Government Areas in Central West NSW, home to the townships of Coonabarabran, Coolah, Dunedoo, Binnaway, Baradine and Mendooran.
With a rich history and stunning landscapes including spectacular mountain ranges, waterfalls, ancient sandstone caves, gorges, and beautiful plains, our scenic location amongst friendly country communities provides an ideal setting for those looking to balance a country lifestyle and career.
At Warrumbungle Shire Council we offer a broad variety of jobs with a range of benefits and career development opportunities within Local Government. The guiding principles of honesty, integrity, fairness and compassion form the spirit of the team along with respect, transparency, passion, trust and opportunity is how Warrumbungle Shire Council strengthens its working environment to deliver on the aspirations of our community. We are an EEO Employer with a commitment to our staff and our vision is Excellence in Local Government.
Council are committed to creating a positive working environment and offer a range of benefits for staff, including
- Long Service Leave after 5 years
- Support for training and professional development
- Salary Packaging options to maximise your take-home pay
The Educator is responsible for the care and education of a group of children, in a designated room, in conjunction with other members of staff. The Educator contributes to the planning, programming and routines for the designated room and individual children. The Educator may at times be delegated the duties of Classroom 2IC and Acting Room Leader and would be responsible for the designated room during that time. The Educator may at times be delegated to duties at Connect Five Children’s Services and Coonabarabran After School and Vacation Care.
This is a part-time position for 25 hours per week, five hours per day, Monday - Friday. Due to operational requirements the Educator's hours are worked between the hours of 7:00am and 6:00pm with shifts ranging from 5 hours to 8.5 hours. In addition, attendance at evening meetings and centre events outside the normal hours of work is an expectation for this position, by agreement with the Director Corporate and Community Services.
Please note, all Children's Services staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status.
- Commitment to Council’s Mission, Values and Code of Conduct
- Understanding of work health and safety (WHS) in the workplace and commitment to a positive contribution to WHS in the workplace and compliance with Council and legislative requirements
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care or Children’s Services
- Experience working with children, parents, community and staff in a childcare setting
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to the planning and delivery of a quality play-based programme for an early childhood education and care environment
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to children of all ages, in particular children aged 0-6 years
- Demonstrated good oral and written communication skills to enable effective communication with children, colleagues and families
- Demonstrated appropriate level of computer skills, relevant to the early childhood education and care environment
- Experience working as a member of a small team
- Demonstrated ability to support and include children with additional needs
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to engage in music with children, while supporting educators to deliver music.
- Class “C” driver’s licence.
- Diploma in Children’s Services or actively studying for a Diploma in Children’s Services
- Experience working in a children’s service in a Local Government setting
- Experience in the delivery of centre-based and mobile children’s services
- Experience working with vulnerable children and their families
- Able to be appointed as a person in day to Day Charge (PIDTDC), Nominated Supervisor and Educational Leader, as required
- Ability to play a musical instrument
- Confident to use your singing voice
- An Auslan or key word sign certificate.
- Food Safety Supervisor.
Applicants should note that Criminal History Checks, as well as alcohol and drug testing, are conditions of employment.
Applications close at 11.00 pm Sunday 3 July 2022.
For enquiries, please contact Human Resources on 6849 2000.