We are seeking a motivated and customer-focused professional to join our Environmental Health team.
About the role:
- Undertake environmental health inspections, investigates complaints and reports on possible breaches
- Supports the Team Leader Environmental Health to provide advice on environmental health issues to stakeholders
- Advocates the regulatory functions of Council's Environmental Health section
- Investigations and advice on environmental and public health issues
- Key projects and programs: such as the public health impact of climate change.
What's on offer:
- An attractive base salary ranging from $74,202 per annum with competency based increments up to $87,893 per annum, plus 10% super
- 70 hour, 9 day fortnight
- Training and development opportunities.
- Flexible work options for a healthy work/life balance.
- Generous employment conditions (we have too many to list - click here for more).
We are seeking:
- Degree level qualification in Environmental Health or equivalent where specialist knowledge is required
- Experience in environmental and public health matters
- An understanding of environmental concepts associated with water, noise and air pollution and public health
- Ability to undertake environmental health assessments on proposed developments
- Motivated and customer-focused professional to join our team.
This position has been identified as potentially being at risk of exposure to the vaccine preventable disease(s) Hepatitis A and B, and tetanus.
Where it's located:
This position is based in Murwillumbah, and can be directed to work from any Council work site.
Friday 28 January 2022 at 12 noon sharp (NSW time). Late applications will not be permitted.
Tweed Shire Council conducts pre-employment assessments as part of its recruitment process. Click here for more information.
How To Apply
Please note: You must use your own email address, and not one used previously by another person that has applied for a position with council.
Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
- Have your Resume document ready to go.
- Fill out all questions below. Click 'Next'. For tips on how to address selection criteria, click here.
- You'll then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
If you'd like to COPY and PASTE selection criteria fields into a separate Word document to work on over time, please find them listed below:
1. Recognised qualification at degree level in Environmental Health or equivalent where specialist knowledge is required.
2. Eligible for membership of Environmental Health Australia.
3. Sound knowledge in environmental and public health matters such as: food safety, air/noise/water pollution, acid sulphate soils, on-site sewage management, noise assessment/regulation, water quality monitoring and contaminated lands.
4. Understanding of the concepts of inspection of premises and activities.
5. Sound knowledge of environmental and public health legislation in a local government environment.
6. Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
7. Demonstrated conflict resolution skills.
8. Demonstrated computing skills.
9. Eligible to hold a current NSW Drivers Licence Class C or equivalent.
10. WorkCover OHS Induction Training for Construction Work.
OFFICE USE ONLY
|Unit||Building & Environmental Health|