We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.WE ARE DRC
Our Employee Value Proposition was developed with input from our employees. Our employees expressed how they feel working at DRC, highlighting some of the reasons they think working with us is a positive experience and what makes them stay.
That is how We Are DRC was created.
Here at DRC we are:
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.THE OPPORTUNITY
The Team Leader Aerodrome Operations is a new and exciting position that has been created to maintain the operational safety of the aerodrome, ensuring airport operations and security compliance with the relevant acts and regulations.
The position will also have the responsibility of managing the Aerodrome reporting officers, their rosters, duties and licence compliance requirements. The position is also expected to lead and undertake the duties of an Aerodrome Reporting Officer.IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Undertake asset management activities, including input into developing and implementing asset management plans;
- Effectively liaise with appointed Project Managers to ensure the effective undertaking of capital works or renewals;
- Coordinate and implement the continuous improvement initiatives, ensuring the appropriate mitigations are considered to minimise or eliminate business impacts;
- Regularly liaise with airport stakeholders and users regarding airport services and satisfaction; and
- Provide input into corporate plans, reports, programs and policies as required.
- Demonstrated supervisory or leadership experience in the aerodrome industry;
- Aerodrome Reporting Officer Certification;
- Highly developed communication and negotiation skills;
- Demonstrated planning and organisational skills;
- Demonstrated ability to manage airside operations (Part 139 MOS)
- Experience in planning and implementing asset maintenance programs; and
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to the provision of excellence in customer service.
You are highly motivated and experienced in the aerodrome industry. You will have excellent communication and negotiation skills and pride yourself on your ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Additionally, you will have excellent organisational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritise tasks.
You are a leader who continually looks for positive ways to contribute to team culture.WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
DRC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Jobs Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
Salary: $77,595 - $90,177 per annum plus superannuation.
Closing Date: 9am Monday 31 January 2022
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council's Manager Dubbo City Regional Airport - 02 6801 4561HOW TO APPLY
- Please Fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you'll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)