Are you an educator, inspirational leader with a strong people focus, who has a passion in technological advancement?
The Fairfield City Open Libraries has modern digital creative technology hubs including audio suites (studio 2166), green screen studio, VR studio and Lab. LX and Lab. LX STEAM. Fairfield City Council is seeking a dynamic and creative person to lead Council’s Innovative Programs Team.
Our Open Libraries programs balances traditional library functions along with innovative services. The Senior Innovative Programs Officer is an integral part of the Learning Experience Team and will lead the Innovative Programs Team which is responsible for developing and delivering transformative technology programs to the community and businesses to build digital literacy skills.
- Bachelor Degree in Teaching, Information Technology, Library and Information Services, Creative Industries or other relevant discipline.
- Extensive experience in the development and delivery of digital programs.
- Experience in leading and managing a small team.
- An enthusiastic and engaging approach to providing excellent customer service to a diverse range of people and demonstrated experience in a public library setting.
- Well-developed knowledge and skills with emerging technologies and the ability to train staff and assist customers in the use of such technologies.
- Experience in contributing and creating a positive and supportive work environment, with a high level of teamwork, supervision, and upskilling of staff with program development and delivery.
- Proven ability to plan and deliver community learning workshops and programs for diverse audiences and ability to implement and maintain software applications and IT hardware.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities and tasks.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and strong conflict resolution skills.
- Current Class C Drivers Licence.
- Current Working with Children Check.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
- Experience working with video content platforms and integration across digital channels.
SALARY & EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS:
- Permanent position, 70 hours per fortnight
- This position is a Grade 6, salary range is $83,887 p.a. with progression to $92,596 a on demonstrated competencies, with performance progression to $98,263 p.a.
- Flexible working hours are available.
- A uniform is provided.
FURTHER CONTACTS Enquiries regarding the position should be directed to Hollie McPherson on 9725 0118 or a position description is available by contacting Sharon Allard on 9725 0359.
CLOSING DATE Midnight 4 February 2022
HOW TO APPLY: Applications must address the knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience required in the Position Description. A position description is available from the contact person listed above, or from Council’s Website. To apply online visit Council’s website www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/fccjobs. Applications should be addressed to the undersigned and received by the closing date. Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense.
Please note that this role requires mandatory vaccination against COVID-19 at Fairfield City Council. All applicants must be vaccinated (and provide proof - cited vaccination certificate).
Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer. As an inclusive workplace, we support reasonable workplace adjustment. If you do require an adjustment during the recruitment process, please notify us on your application form.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia, and may be required to undertake a national police clearance as part of the recruitment process.
We kindly ask for no recruiters at this stage.
PO BOX 21 ALAN YOUNG PSM
FAIRFIELD NSW 1860 CITY MANAGER