Manager Major Capital Works and Projects
- Deliver projects to create destination Burwood
- Exceptional stakeholder management
- Strong project delivery
Burwood Council is undergoing significant transformation, most recently through a major restructure designed to deliver an agile, responsive and community focused organisation that will support changes in the wider community. As part of this, the Director City Assets is now seeking to appoint a Manager Capital Works and Projects so that Burwood maximises its potential as a Strategic Centre in metropolitan Sydney.
Reporting to the Director City Assets and working collaboratively across Council, you will lead and manage the capital works portfolio to deliver civil and open space infrastructure projects within time and budget. Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- leading the planning and design of infrastructure end-to-end;
- working with and communicating regularly to key stakeholders, internally and externally;
- managing commercially astute procurement processes and contracts;
- managing risk, WHS and contractors; and,
- developing and implementing process improvements
With appropriate tertiary qualifications, you will have a proven track record in leading, supporting and developing teams to deliver projects in a timely and cost-effective manner. You will have demonstrated experience in contemporary design and construction methodologies and in managing budgetary constraints. A sound understanding of legislative and regulatory frameworks is essential. Strong communication and negotiation skills will be critical to success in this role.
For further information or to obtain an Information Pack, please contact Judith Carpenter on 02 9558 5102 or send a confidential resume to: email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 31st January, 2022