Manager Waste and Cleansing
- Lead innovation and process improvement
- Exceptional people management skills
- Sound commercial acumen
Burwood Council is undergoing significant transformation, most recently through a major restructure designed to deliver an agile, responsive and community focused organisation that will support changes in the wider community. To support the amenity and liveability of Burwood LGA, Council is now seeking to appoint a Manager Waste and Cleansing.
Reporting to the Director City Assets and working collaboratively across Council, the Manager Waste and Cleansing will manage Council’s Resource and Recovery and Waste Services contracts to meet community expectations. Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- leading and strengthening the Waste and Cleansing department and building a strong culture of customer responsiveness;
- developing and implementing best practice processes, systems and procedures including introducing new technology solutions to enhance efficiencies;
- supporting the development and implementation of regional waste strategies and resource sharing opportunities across Councils and other external agencies;
- contributing to the review and implementation of Council’s Waste Management Policy; and,
- reporting regularly to the Group Manager and Director.
With appropriate qualifications or experience gained within the context of complex service delivery, you will have a proven track record in leading, supporting and developing teams to deliver efficient services. You will have demonstrated knowledge of waste management services in domestic, public place and commercial waste sectors. Strong communication and stakeholder management skills will be critical to success in this role.
For further information or to obtain an Information Pack, please contact Judith Carpenter on 02 9558 5102 or send a confidential resume to: email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 31st January, 2022