- Shape a new team
- Empower an agile workforce
- Strategic focus, operational delivery
Wingecarribee Shire Council is resetting the organisation and looking for passionate people who want to make a difference and be part of this change.
In 2021 our Council was suspended, and an experienced Administrator appointed. This has been a catalyst for change at Council. A new General Manager and Executive Team have commenced in the last 6 months marking a new chapter for the Council.
Council is now undergoing a period of transformation as it resets for the future with a focus on:
- Rebuilding trust
- Reinvigorating its workplace
- Refocusing on the community and the future of the Shire
The organisation is now seeking an experienced human resource specialist who will deliver strategies to engage, invigorate and build employee agility to achieve community outcomes.
Reporting to the General Manager, this is a rare opportunity, to work closely with the new Executive and build your own People and Culture Team to work with you to deliver an engaged, skilled and agile workforce where innovation is valued.
Specifically, the Executive Manager People and Culture will:
- develop and implement strategies to foster a healthy and productive workplace including leading the development of new organisational values;
- provide advice to the Executive based on robust data to enable informed decisions;
- deliver leading HR management and employee experience practices; and,
- build capacity across the organisation through robust learning and development initiatives.
With relevant tertiary qualifications, an understanding of Local Government and deep experience in employee engagement and HR practice, you will have a track record in leading cultural change initiatives and in supporting an organisation to become an Employer of Choice.
Candidates will have exceptional communications skills to inspire and influence, astute political judgement, and the ability to deliver exceptional customer service.
Based in the beautiful Southern Highlands of New South Wales, Wingecarribee Shire Council is only 40 minutes from South West Sydney and the Illawarra with flexible working arrangements or - if you choose to make the tree change - a relocation payment available.
Enquiries or requests for an information pack should be directed to Judith Carpenter on 02 9558 5102 or confidential resumes sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 24th January, 2022