West Tamar Council comprises a premier wine and lifestyle region on the back of the Tamar River. We have a current population of 22,740 and a range of areas from one of Tasmania’s fastest-growing towns, Legana, to stunning beaches and communities such as Badgers Head, Kelso and Clarence Point. We adjoin our regional centre, City of Launceston and have a strong economy and building industry.
We seek the services of a Civil Works Officer within our Infrastructure Department.
- Supervise the delivery of civil works
- Ensure that civil works are completed in accordance with the contract requirements and Council standards.
- Ensure that developments and civil works in the municipal area comply with Council standards relating to design and construction.
The successful candidate will need to satisfy the following selection criteria:
Desirable to have a Diploma of Civil Engineering
- Minimum 10 years experience with a background in general construction works, engineering design, plan reading, drafting and surveying
- Essential to hold a current drivers licence
- Essential to hold all current traffic management tickets
- Essential to hold a current first aid certificate
- Essential to hold a construction white card
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your covering letter, selection criteria and resume via: www.wtc.tas.gov.au