Salary Range: $38 to $43 per hour plus superannuation - Full Time and Part Time available
Warrumbungle Shire is strategically positioned on the Newell Highway, a short drive from Tamworth, Mudgee and Dubbo, and just over 3 hours from Newcastle, making Warrumbungle Shire a great place to live and work. Covering an area of more than 12,000km², and with a population of nearly 10,000, Warrumbungle Shire Council is one of the larger Local Government Areas in Central West NSW, home to the townships of Coonabarabran, Coolah, Dunedoo, Binnaway, Baradine and Mendooran.
With a rich history and stunning landscapes including spectacular mountain ranges, waterfalls, ancient sandstone caves, gorges, and beautiful plains, our scenic location amongst friendly country communities provides an ideal setting for those looking to balance a country lifestyle and career.
This position is located in the beautiful town of Coonabarabran, known as the Astronomy Capital of Australia, which is midway between Melbourne and Brisbane and is known for its beautiful landscape and stunning night skies. The town has medical services, excellent schools, a variety of sporting and social clubs and a thriving tourism Industry. With the nearby Warrumbungle National Park, which is also Australia’s first Dark Sky Park, there is plenty to do and explore whether you’re looking for adventure or relaxation.
Warrumbungle Shire Council is an EEO Employer and our vision is Excellence in Local Government. We are committed to our staff and pride ourselves on the services we provide to our communities.
The Preschool / Long Day Care Teacher is responsible for the care and education of a group of children in conjunction with other members of staff. The Teacher is responsible for planning an effective program of experiences, activities and routines designed to achieve the full potential of each preschool and day care child attending the centre, and for ensuring their readiness to attend school in due course.
Please note, to comply with the COVID Public Health Order requirements, it is mandatory that Children's Services staff are fully vaccinated. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status.Essential Requirements
- Commitment to Council’s Mission, Values and Code of Conduct
- Understanding of work health and safety (WHS) in the workplace and commitment to a positive contribution to WHS in the workplace and compliance with Council and legislative requirements
- Bachelor of Teaching in Early Childhood (ACECQA Approved)
- Experience working with children, parents, community, staff and committee in a childcare setting
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan and deliver a quality play-based curriculum for 2-5 year olds in childcare
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to children of all ages, in particular children aged 0-5 years
- Demonstrated high level oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia and The National Quality Framework and Standards
- Demonstrated high level computer skills, relevant to the childcare environment
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, mentor and manage staff
- Experience programming for individual children and groups of children with additional needs
- First Aid Certificate, including Asthma and Anaphylaxis
- Child Protection Training (Minimum CHCPRT001 or CHCPRT002)
- Class C Driver’s Licence
- Able to be registered and appointed as a Certified Supervisor, Nominated Supervisor and Educational Leader, as required
- Working with Children Check
Applicants should note that criminal history checks, drug and alcohol testing are conditions of employment.