Permanent full-time position
35 hours per week with 19 day - 4 week cycle
$63,610 p.a. - $73,788 p.a. plus 10% superannuation
We are looking forward… and seeing a bright future.
Wingecarribee Shire Council is situated in the magnificent Southern Highlands with a balance of pristine natural scenery and a rich diversity of lifestyle choices from its historic past to modern amenities all at your doorstep. With access to top educational facilities, first class health services, numerous sporting facilities, vibrant arts/cultural/tourism community, and attractions and events, it's a great place to live and work.
Under the guidance of a new General Manager and Executive team, Wingecarribee Shire Council is embarking on the implementation of a strategic organisational transformation to position the business to actively plan for and manage significant positive changes to its operations and culture, in addition to meeting and satisfying the expectations of our community.
We have a rewarding opportunity for a experienced Team Leader Business Support Officer who is passionate in driving success for the team. This is a role where you can develop and or build on your experience in Local Government and work within a fantastic team who support our mission to create and nurture a vibrant and diverse community, growing and working in harmony with our urban, agriculture and natural environments.
About the role
Our employees are our greatest assets and we recognise your commitment to Council. You will be rewarded with an inclusive and collaborative workplace and team that is focused on ensuring your health and wellbeing is a priority. Additional benefits include:
- Above Award annual salary;
- Long service leave (LSL) after 5 years of service;
- Discounted membership at Bluefit Health Centres;
- Flexible and family friendly work practices;
- Well-being programs; and
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- Reporting to the Manager Development Assessment, you will act with integrity, always think analytically when problem solving, strive to work collaboratively using engaging communication skills and be committed to meeting agreed timeframes.
In addition, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Provide high level efficient, effective and responsive administrative support to the Group Manager and the Development Services Branch.
- Effectively manage those responsibilities as the Team Leader of the Business Support Officers (Development).
- Ensure that legislated and adopted internal processes are maintained and completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure adopted Service Level Agreements (SLA's) are adhered to and statutory reporting is completed in accordance with required reporting timeframes.
If this sounds like you, then we would love to receive your application!
How to Apply
1. Submit a Cover Letter
2. Submit a Resume
3. Address the Essential Selection Criteria in the attached Position Description demonstrating how your experience / qualifications meet the requirements.
Please note that applications NOT addressing each the Essential Selection Criteria in the Position Description will not be reviewed.
Further information can be obtained by contacting Nancy Sample, Manager Development Assessment on 4868 0888.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia will be considered for the position.
Applications to be received by Sunday, 24 October 2021.
Click here to download the Position Description.