Shoalhaven City Council is a dynamic organisation serving a large and diverse community; limitless opportunity exists for an exciting and rewarding career. The Shoalhaven is located just 2 hours from Sydney and 2.5 hours from Canberra. The Shoalhaven is home to 104,000 people and comprises of 49 unique towns and villages. It is a place of great natural beauty and offers an enviable lifestyle and positive work-life balance.
About the role
This is a full-time permanent position 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm located at Council’s Ulladulla Administration building.
The position sits within our City Development directorate.
The advertised salary is based on the grade of the position, comprising of 4 steps within the range shown. The starting salary is at Step 1 within the grade. Progression through the salary steps shall be based upon the achievement of performance objectives relating to the position.
Reporting directly to the Manager – Development Services, the focus of this position is to:
- Supervise, coordinate, manage, assess, and process development applications and related / ancillary matters (provision of advice, reports, etc.)
- Assess complex and significant applications
- Lead and manage the day to day operations of the Development Unit
- Ensure processes and protocols are in place for the Development Unit’s compliance with all relevant legislation and Council policies and ensure that risks are managed
- Review process and procedure, write procedures, to ensure efficiencies are maintained and gained
Skills & Experience
In order to be successful in the position, you will be/ possess:
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in Town Planning or related field equivalent to a Bachelor of Town Planning or Urban & Regional Planning
- Extensive experience in the operation and management of the development control process.
- Current NSW WorkCover Construction Induction Card
- Class C Driver’s Licence
Please refer to the Job Description for the full selection criteria
We are committed to creating a positive culture and strong team environment, and offer a range of benefits:
- Generous Leave Entitlements
- Long Service Leave After 5 Years
- Flexitime for Indoor Staff
- Fitness Passport
- Novated Lease Arrangements
- Discounted Private Health Insurance
- Training and Development Programs
How to Apply
You will be required to submit an online application by attaching your resume (please ensure you submit in Word or PDF format) and respond to questions regarng general information about you.
In addition, you will be required to demonstrate how you satisfy the requirements of the position by answering the below questions relevant to the essential criteria as outlined in the job advertisement.
For more information on the application process, please visit how to apply on Councils website.
- At Shoalhaven City Council our corporate core values are: Collaboration, Adaptability, Integrity and Respect. Please choose one value and advise how you have enacted this value in a professional setting.
- Please list the relevant qualifications and experience you hold.
- Briefly describe your experience supervising and supporting teams, how do you approach leadership tasks?
- Briefly describe your experience interpreting and applying relevant acts or legislation such as:
- 4.15 of the Environmental Planning & Assessment Act 1979.
- NSW planning legislation.
Contact: Cathy Bern - Manager - Development Services - (02) 4429 3527
Applications Close: Wednesday, 27 October 2021 (at Midnight)
When your application has been submitted completely, you will receive a confirmation email