- Exciting major development focus
- Flexible working conditions including a RDO every 3rd week
- Competitive salary range of $95,575 - $124,248 + super + leaseback vehicle
Centrally located only 12kms from the Sydney CBD, the City of Ryde is home to major commercial and residential centres, a diverse range of neighbourhoods and town centres, extensive national parks and waterways.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Town Planner within one of our Development Assessment teams.
In this role, your focus will be primarily on the assessment of large and complex developments in the Ryde local government area, including development in town centres such as mixed use developments and concept plans. Due to the strong emphasis on large and complex developments, you will have a demonstrated ability to successfully project manage complicated applications within a timely and professional manner.
You will be a member of a dedicated and enthusiastic team of town planners and have experience in presenting applications to a local planning panel, a regional planning panel, as well as defending appeals in the NSW Land and Environment Court. You will also provide expert advice to both internal and external customers and stakeholders.
- Tertiary qualification in Town Planning or equivalent
- Demonstrated practical experience in dealing with local and state government planning legislation, including Voluntary Planning Agreements and Section 7.11 contributions
- Excellent project management and organisational skills with ability to undertake a range of tasks and prioritise work to meet deadlines
- Practical experience and exposure to preparing reports and presenting to Local, Regional Planning Panels and the Land and Environment Court
- Excellent written and verbal communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills in development assessment
- Current NSW Class C Driver's Licence
- COVID vaccination is desirable
Your commencing annual salary will range from $95,575 - $124,248 + super + leaseback vehicle, dependent on your experience and qualifications.
Culture and Benefits
- Leaseback vehicle available
- Accrue a rostered day off approximately every 3 weeks
- Opportunity to sign up and become a fitness passport member
- Learning & Development opportunities (ticket/licence renewals & updates, training, opportunities to relieve in higher paid positions, etc)
- Various health & well-being initiatives (skin checks, flu vaccinations, etc)
How to apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. Please note you do not need a "password" to use our on-line application system, however, you will need to complete your application without logging-out of the system. In addition to answering the on-line questions shown below, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
* Previous applicants need not reapply*
Closing date: Sunday 17 October 2021 @ 11:30pm
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or call Sandra Bailey on (02) 9952 8209 for a confidential discussion.
City of Ryde is committed to Equal Employment and Child Safety