SENIOR MANAGER - DEVELOPMENT, ASSESSMENT + CERTIFICATION
Recruitment No. 21107
- Key executive leadership role
- Attractive remuneration package
- Contribute to creating an Extraordinary Wollongong
At Wollongong City Council, we have a steadfast commitment to creating an extraordinary Wollongong. Currently, we are in an exciting period of transformation and growth with a focus on delivering exceptional services, infrastructure and facilities for our community. We pride ourselves on valuing and embracing diversity of thought, backgrounds and experiences where people are included and feel a sense of belonging.
Wollongong is a vibrant, diverse city, considered one of Australia's 'most liveable' regional cities that combines a relaxed, coastal lifestyle with all the benefits of a major city. You can read more at our website, Invest Wollongong and Destination Wollongong.
We are seeking a Senior Manager Development Assessment and Certification to drive Council's certification and development assessment functions and manage a 2021/2022 budget of $8.3 million. You will lead over 70 employees to create and deliver an extraordinary built environment for our community. Specifically, you will:
- Lead the delivery of best practice development proposal assessments and certification of buildings and subdivisions approaches.
- Enhance the customer experience through the development assessment and certification process
- Lead and manage the Design Review Panel and Wollongong Local Planning Panel and work proactively with the Southern Regional Planning Panel.
- Provide active leadership and direction that visibly champions Council's innovation and transformation agenda.
- Build a high-performance and stakeholder focused culture that is purpose led and values based.
Success will be demonstrated through your credible leadership and ability to identify, initiate and implement change and improvement; champion our values and constructively partner with the Senior Leadership Team by fostering a collaborative approach to teamwork and strategic decision making. The role provides a unique opportunity to play a key role in the creation of our City's extraordinary future.
For more on Wollongong City Council's leadership offering and information about working with Council please click here.
In responding it is recommended you consider the information provided in the Position Description (including the Capability Framework) that can be accessed here to address each of the six essential criteria below.
1. Details of your degree qualification(s) relevant to the scope of the division's functions. (desirable: post graduate qualifications).
2. Describe your experience in the management of one or more of the following functions and your understanding of the interrelationships between these four functions:
- Building and certification
- Development assessment
- Development engineering
- Planning support systems
3. Outline your experience in leading and managing teams that drive a high-performance culture and deliver positive work outcomes, providing details of size, scope and financial responsibility. Detail your skills and experience in establishing priorities, meeting deadlines when working under pressure in an ambiguous or changing environment.
4. Illustrate how you have led and influenced diverse stakeholders and large multi-disciplinary teams to resolve complex issues, develop innovative solutions and provide strategic advice to senior/executive level and grow organisational capability.
5. Convey your experience in leading transformational processes to optimise organisational outcomes and sustain cultural change.
6. What do you bring to this role and to the community of Wollongong?
How to apply? Please submit your resume and respond to the Essential Criteria above via our website
Closing date: 11:59 pm on Wednesday 6 October 2021.
Questions? For further information regarding this position please contact Linda Davis, Director Planning and Environment on (02) 4227 8805. Enquiries will be kept confidential.
For assistance in submitting the application please contact the Recruitment Team on (02) 4227 7065.