Emergency Management Officer
Permanent | Full Time
Salary from $79,653.45 up to $92,441.39 per annum plus superannuation
(Salary will be assessed based on skills and experience)
Recruitment No 21103
Do you want to support the Wollongong community in planning and preparing for future emergencies?
About the position:
This position is responsible for developing and updating Council's Emergency Management planning and processes. You will use your experience in stakeholder management and administration experience to liaise effectively with state government agencies, community organisations and neighbouring local governments. The position is also responsible for providing confidential, courteous and efficient executive support to the Illawarra Local Emergency Management Committee (LEMC) and NSW Police during an emergency event within Illawarra.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Highly skilled communicator that can build positive relationships with a range of diverse stakeholders both within and external to Council.
- You can both work independently and as an effective team member.
- You have a high-level of resilience and capacity to work effectively under pressure.
Applicants must be available to work outside of business hours during emergency events.
Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future opportunities in the team, which may include part time or temporary relief list roles.
Benefits of working at Council:
- We have a culture based on values of Integrity, Respect, Sustainability, One Team and Courage
- We support and encourage study and career development
- We foster personal and professional growth
- We understand the importance of work/life balance and offer flexible work arrangements
- We recognise and reward performance and embrace change
- We are committed to providing a safe working environment for all
- We provide many mental, physical and social wellbeing programs to support our staff to be the best that they can be
How to Apply
Click 'Apply' to be re-directed to Council's E-Recruitment website.
For further information regarding this position contact Chris O'Connor, Infrastructure Strategy Manager (Acting) on (02) 4227 7885.
Any questions regarding submitting the application online please contact the Recruitment team on (02) 4227 7065.
Applications close 11.59pm Monday 20 September 2021.
We are adhering to NSW Public Health Guidelines with regard to COVID19. As such this recruitment action will be conducted in line with public health orders eg potentially online interviews.
Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future opportunities in the team, which may include part time, temporary and or relief roles.
Applicants are required to undergo a rigorous employment screening process which will include Reference, Identity and Medical History Checks, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check. Employment is subject to clearance of all these checks.