Permanent Full Time Opportunity
35 hrs per week with 19-day 4-week cycle
Vehicle Lease Agreement options
$104,106 p.a. to $120,763 p.a. plus Super
About the Role
We have an exciting career opportunity within our Assets Branch and we are currently seeking a suitably qualified and experienced candidate to lead a high performing team who are dedicated to the deliver best practice asset management, infrastructure planning and engineering initiatives for water, sewerage and drainage infrastructure assets within the Wingecarribee Shire region. In addition, the role requires to manage and coordinate activities of asset staff, liaising with other council branches and undertaking assigned asset management functions.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build your management career in Local Government and join a team who supports our mission to create and nurture a vibrant and diverse community, growing and working in harmony with our urban, agriculture and natural environments.
Salary for this position is $104,106 p.a. to $120,763 p.a. super and leaseback vehicle.
You will have a strong background in both Water and Sewer; and Drainage disciplines where you will lead your team to provide operational and strategic support to other Council branches ensuring compliance with the NSW Government Best Practice Management guidelines for Water and Sewerage.
1. Degree qualification in Engineering or equivalent and Post Graduate qualification in Asset Management, Business Administration or related discipline.
2. Proven extensive, innovative and facilitative style of management which develops and stimulates a high performing Team.
3. Demonstrated knowledge and experience in construction, maintenance and asset management of Water, Sewerage and Drainage assets.
4. Demonstrated experience in developing, updating and maintaining asset management systems, related databases and GIS layers for Water, Sewerage and Drainage assets.
5. Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of strategies, plans, systems and frameworks which improve and sustain the organisation's performance and supports the Executive Management Team in achieving organisational goals.
6. Demonstrated knowledge and skill in development and implementation of guidelines, policies and procedures in accordance with the relevant legislation viz. Local Government Act, Accounting Codes, Water Management Act, engineering standards, plans and guidelines.
7. Demonstrated high level skills in strategic investigation/analysis, reporting and excellent oral and written presentation skills.
8. The proven ability to develop and foster practical and beneficial relationships to provide excellence in both internal and external customer service and lead, improve and motivate organisational culture.
- Knowledge of Corporate Systems including Technology One suite.
- Demonstrated experience in asset accounting and valuations.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Local Government Experience in a similar position.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in developing and implementing contemporary Community Engagement practices
How to Apply
Click on 'Apply' button to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and address the Selection Criteria as stated within the position description that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Applications not addressing the selection criteria may not be considered.
Further information can be obtained by contacting Rachel Forte, Acting Manager Assets on (02) 4868 0888.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia will be considered for the position.
Applications to be received by Sunday, 1 August 2021.
Click here to download the Position Description.