Senior Civil Assets Engineer
Permanent | Full Time
Salary from $96,189 up to $111,631 per annum plus superannuation
and a market allowance in lieu of motor vehicle
A 3.5% civil liability allowance may also apply
(Depending upon qualifications and experience)
Recruitment No 21088
About the Position:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Civil Asset Engineer to join our team! Considering best practice asset management principles, the team is responsible for the management of civil assets across the Local Government Area. You will work with a friendly and highly professional team to deliver quality outcomes and contribute to the team's overall delivery performance.
You will also be responsible for:
- Organising and undertaking condition assessment of civil assets (i.e. roads, stormwater, footpaths, bridges etc);
- Asset accounting (i.e. asset valuation, capitalisation, annual reporting);
- Reviewing asset management plans;
- Developing, reviewing and updating capital works and schedules maintenance programs; and
- Investigating and respond to customer enquiries.
This is your chance to be part of a unique opportunity! We support and encourage career development, personal and professional growth, appreciate the importance of diversity, recognise and reward performance and embrace change.
Benefits of working at Council:
We have a culture based on values of Integrity, Respect, Sustainability, One Team and Courage
- We support and encourage study and career development
- We foster personal and professional growth
- We understand the importance of work/life balance and offer flexible work arrangements
- We recognise and reward performance and embrace change
- We are committed to providing a safe working environment for all
- We provide many mental, physical and social wellbeing programs to support our staff to be the best that they can be
How to Apply:
Wollongong City Council uses a merit based recruitment process. It is essential to respond to each of the selection criteria, writing at least one to two paragraphs using specific and actual examples of how you have demonstrated the particular skill, qualification or experience. Provide relevant examples from your work, study or community roles. Be clear and to the point. Please use actual examples of what you have done, how well you did it, what you achieved, and how it relates to the requirements of the job. Applications that do not answer all the criteria will not be considered. Your CV alone will not be enough information for your application to be assessed. Please note that hardcopy, faxed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
Click 'Apply' to be redirected to Council's E-Recruitment page.
For further information regarding this position please contact Nur Joy, Civil Asset Management Unit Leader on (02) 4227 8671.
Any questions regarding submitting the application online please contact the Recruitment team on (02) 4227 7065.
Applications close 11:59 pm Monday 2 August 2021
We are adhering to NSW Public Health Guidelines with regard to COVID19. As such this recruitment action will be conducted in line with public health orders eg potentially online interviews.
Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future opportunities in the team, which may include part time, temporary and or relief roles.
Applicants are required to undergo a rigorous employment screening process which will include Reference, Identity and Medical History Checks, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check. Employment is subject to clearance of all these checks.