- Monthly RDO
- $78,959 to $86,477 plus 12.5% Super
Australia’s southernmost municipal area, the Huon Valley Council, is looking for a self-motivated and committed individual to join their Economic Development and Strategy team.
As Council’s Economic Development Officer, you will undertake project management and coordination of innovative economic development projects including specific activities associated with the Huon Valley Brand implementation program.
To be successful in this position you will be confident in your ability to implement strategies, policies and procedures, be able to demonstrate a high level of competency in project management; including planning, reporting, and evaluation. You will also require excellent communication skills, an ability to develop and maintain quality relationships with external stakeholders including government agencies and organisations, industry and business and trading organisations.
This is a fantastic opportunity to drive the development and enhancement of the region’s identity, to encourage sustainable residential migration, economic growth and prosperity within the Huon Valley; and ultimately provide innovative services and support to the business community and prospective investors. If this sounds like your sort of challenge, then we want to hear from you.
- Completion of Diploma or Bachelor Degree in a relevant field and/or extensive experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of quality assurance programs and accreditation systems.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of, and a strategic approach to, economic & business marketing and development.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of, and best practice understanding with regard to social media and place branding principles.
- Effective and proactive problem-solving skills.
- Project management/planning skills with the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, demonstrating suitable time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse range of people to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships across numerous stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated well-developed written and oral communication skills with attention to detail.
- Strong commitment to improving the economic outcomes of regional communities.
- Current Drivers licence.
- Experience working with Local Government in marketing and/or economic development functions.
For further information on this position, including a position description, visit www.huonvalley.tas.gov.au/jobs or contact Michelle Gledhill, Manager Economic Development, on (03) 6264 0361.
To be considered for this role your application must include a CV, covering letter and separate document addressing the selection criteria indicating your ability to meet the role requirements. Your application can be submitted via the website above. Applications that fail to address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Applications close on Wednesday, 4 August 2021.