Applications are invited for Seasonal Beach Lifeguards for the Shellharbour City Council controlled beaches for the 2021/2022 season.
Employment will run from September 2021 to April 2022, which consists of a Monday to Sunday roster.
The role is responsible for a wide range of duties including;
- Supervision of beach customers
- Identification of suitable swimming and surf craft areas
- Recognise and respond to aquatic emergencies
- Carrying out cleaning and maintenance reporting tasks in order to present the beach and immediate surrounds in a clean and tidy condition
- presenting beach/ocean awareness programs as required
- Supervision of other Beach Lifeguard staff
Successful applicants will be invited to participate in Fitness and Skill Assessment and Interviews held on Friday, 6 August 2021 (However, an alternative date has been scheduled for Friday 13 August 2021 if ocean conditions are unsuitable).
Shellharbour City, located in the Illawarra region, is just 80 minutes south of Sydney and is home to almost 76,000 people in a city that spans 154 square kilometres. It's an area of great natural beauty - stretching west from the picturesque coastline to rolling pastures, set against the majestic backdrop of the Illawarra escarpment.
Our dedication to be financially sustainable in an evolving environment, while striving for a great organisational culture and committing to employing staff who embrace our Core Values, has made Shellharbour City Council an employer of choice.
We have been recognised with a wealth of state and national awards in 2019 / 2020 including our 5 star Civic Centre building, Museum space and City Library. We were recently presented an AR Bluett Memorial Award for Most Progressive Metropolitan and Regional Council in NSW.
Shellharbour City Council offers a high performing and sustainable organisation to deliver outcomes for the community through leadership, collaboration and innovation. We have exciting, rewarding career opportunities and flexible working arrangements and work/life balance in a relaxed coastal lifestyle.
- Temporary position up to April 2022 (with the possibility of extending to future seasons)
- Full time, 38 hours per week working on a Monday to Sunday roster
- Job-share arrangements may be considered and/or short term employment arrangements may also be considered
- Commencing salary of $1055.59 per week
- Penalties are paid in addition to the ordinary hourly rate of pay for Saturday/Sunday work.
- This position requires a "Working with Children Check" clearance in accordance with the 'Child Protection (WWC) Act 2012'.
- A First Aid Certificate is an essential requirement of this position, therefore no allowance is payable.
- As part of the recruitment process, you will need to pass a Fitness and Skill assessment.
For further information about the position, click here for the position description.
Contact: Murray Copas, Lifeguard Supervisor on 0408 800 630.
Closing date: Sunday, 1 August 2021 at 11:30pm.
Complete the application below by answering the questions, describing how your skills and experience are relevant to the position.
Your Resume and qualifications can be attached on the NEXT page.
Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to this later. You may wish to prepare your responses in a word document and then COPY and PASTE into the fields below.
When you have submitted your application, an email confirmation will be sent to your nominated email address. Please ensure you have the correct email address and check your inbox (including your "junk" inbox).
For further information about the selection process including tips on how to address the selection criteria, please view our Guide To Applying.
Our core values of Collaboration, Accountability, Integrity, Respect and Sustainability represent who we are and what we expect of one another.
To work for us, you must be committed to role modelling our core values.
Shellharbour City Council is an equal opportunity employer.