- Fantastic opportunity for an Assets Officer in a vibrant local community!
- Have the freedom of working autonomously!
- Receive an attractive salary ranging from $76,135 - $84,039 PLUS super, salary packaging, flexible work arrangements and a monthly RDO!
About the Organisation
Gunnedah Shire Council is an integral part of the Gunnedah community, a vibrant, warm and friendly town surrounded by the expansive Liverpool Plains and framed by the Nandewar Ranges. Gunnedah Shire Council is committed to providing a friendly and helpful service to all stakeholders. The council is dedicated to Gunnedah being a liveable and accessible community for all ages and demographics. Additionally, Gunnedah Shire Council is proud to promote economic and business development in the region
The council is not only invested in the people of Gunnedah, the council is heavily invested in its employees and their future careers.
About the Opportunity
The Gunnedah Shire Council now has an exciting full-time opportunity for an Assets Officer to join their team in their offices in Gunnedah, NSW.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the role will primarily be responsible for supporting the Infrastructure Services Directorate in all aspects of development and implementation of the Council’s Asset Management practices. The role will also be responsible for the maintenance of the Asset Management System and will assist in the development of the Council’s long term financial plan for the Capital Works Program.
More specifically, your day-to-day duties will include (but will not be limited to):
- Developing and maintain Councils Asset Management plans as part of the Integrated Planning and Reporting framework;
- Providing ongoing support for capitalisation and fair valuation processes;
- Working collaboratively with the Finance team to achieve consistent and high-quality outcomes with financial reporting and asset information management;
- Updating the Asset management system (Bizy); and
- Performing data entry tasks in an effort to balance financials with infrastructure information
To read more about the role, please click here!
The successful candidate will have a tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), IT, or accounting OR experience working in a related role with a demonstrated ability in developing and managing Asset Management Plans. Please note that qualifications are not essential provided you have relevant experience.
You will have outstanding communication skills, allowing you to effectively engage with relevant stakeholders. It is also imperative that you possess a strong attention to detail and critical problem solving skills in order to effectively perform the duties of the role. You must also have the ability to work both autonomously and co-operatively in a team environment.
It is important to note that understanding of relevant Accounting Standards (ISO55000) and other Asset Management Guidelines, plus a demonstrated understanding and ability to implement IIMM guidelines for Asset Management Plans will be highly regarded.
About the Benefits
In this role you will enjoy working within an organisation with a great culture and a shire with a fantastic sense of community!
In return for your hard work and dedication you will also receive an attractive salary ranging from $76,135 - $84,039 PLUS a range of additional benefits including;
- Salary packaging;
- Flexible work arrangements (opportunity to work from home!); and
- RDO's every month;
If you're looking for your next role within a supportive work environment and a vibrant local community, look no further! - Apply Now!