- Permanent Full Time role
- Contribute to the promotion of Council's Open Space Facilities
- Varied and exciting work
The City of Ryde was recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards and is a progressive local Council possessing natural landscapes, beautiful parks and scenic waterways, all centrally located only 12 kilometres from Sydney. The City of Ryde encompasses an area of approximately 40 square kilometres.
About the Role
As the Active Recreation Officer you will be responsible for the development and delivery of programs in the City of Ryde which increase community use of parks and Council's Open Space facilities. Key to your success will be your demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with various internal and external stakeholders to engage in a range of events and activities to promote recreation opportunities in the City of Ryde.
You bring to this position excellent stakeholder management skills with an understanding of how parks and open spaces can be best utilised to support and increase community use for recreation events, activities and programs. Your proven organisational skills, ability to connect with the community, and effective communication skills will see you flourish in this position.
In addition you will also have:
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver recreation programs to meet the changing needs of the community
- Demonstrated experience in events coordination
- Excellent organisational, time management and project planning skills
- Ability to develop and foster relationships, both internally and externally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Current NSW Driver's Licence
Your commencing salary will be in the range $61,997 to $66,647 p.a. plus superannuation dependent on your experience and qualifications.
Culture & Benefits
- Accrue a rostered day off approximately every 3 weeks
- Opportunity to signup and become a fitness passport member
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Collaborative team environment
- Various health & well-being initiatives
How to apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. Please note you do not need a "password" to use our on-line application system, however, you will need to complete your application without "logging-out" of the system.
In addition to answering the on-line questions, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or call Jackie Bolger, Senior Coordinator Parks Operations on (02) 9952 8465 for a confidential discussion.
Closing Date: Thursday 29 July 2021 at 11:30pm
City of Ryde is committed to Equal Employment and Child Safety