- Picton location
- Permanent full time position x 2
- Salary from $84,135 + 10% Superannuation
- Leaseback vehicle
- Flexible working arrangements
Do you hold a degree in Town Planning or similar? Are you interested in stepping into a challenging role within Local Government? Are you passionate about delivering great services to the community?
Wollondilly Shire Council covers a Local Government Area of approximately 2,560km2 of pristine bushland, crystal clear waterways and unique towns and villages that are home to close-knit communities. We are experiencing a time of significant growth and require suitably qualified and experienced professionals to go on this exciting journey with us.
There are a number of benefits to working at Wollondilly Shire Council in addition to the positive, supportive work culture our employees possess and promote on a daily basis, including:
- Health and Wellbeing programs
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Educational Assistance Program
We currently have vacancy in our Development Services Team for two Development Assessment Planners to help make Wollondilly an even better place, together.
As a Development Assessment Planner, your day will consist of, but not be limited to:
- Assessment of Development Applications, Section 10.7 Certificates and other related applications and certificates.
- Providing professional advice to Builders, Developers and the general public.
- Preparing and giving expert evidence before the Land & Environment Court of NSW.
- Preparing correspondence and reports to effectively resolve matters and ensure written notations are placed on file of all actions taken and discussions held.
The successful applicants will be able to demonstrate their competency in the following essential experience and qualifications:
- Degree qualifications in Town Planning or related discipline.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ relevant work experience in the assessment of development applications.
- Working knowledge of the Environment Planning and Assessment Act 1979, NSW Planning Legislation and other Acts and Legislation relevant to the position.
- Class C Drivers Licence.
Further Information: Aimee Lee, Team Leader Development Assessment on 02 4677 9585.
Closing Date: 5:00pm Friday, 30 July 2021.
To be considered for this position, candidates must apply via Council’s website, Wollondilly Employment Opportunities and answer the position specific selection criteria as listed in this advertisement.
Those not addressing the selection criteria will not be considered. Previous applicants need not re-apply.
Preferred applicants will be required to undertake a pre-placement medical. This includes drug and alcohol screening. The preferred applicant may also be required to undertake a Police Background check, Credential Check and Bankruptcy Check.
In accordance with the Local Government (State) Award 2020 all positions are engaged Monday to Sunday except as otherwise provided.
Wollondilly Shire Council is committed to workplace diversity.