- $68,100 - $88,530 p.a. + super (this excludes O/T and compliance allowance)
- Fully maintained vehicle provided for work duties and access to private use via leaseback arrangement
- Work one weekend in a 4 week rotating roster (38 hours p/w)
- Flexible work conditions including a RDO scheme
The City of Ryde was recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards and is a progressive local Council possessing natural landscapes, beautiful parks and scenic waterways, all centrally located only 12 kilometres from Sydney.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Compliance Ranger or person with exceptional skills looking for a change. The position is responsible for the professional, effective and efficient delivery of regulatory and environmental enforcement services to ensure that activities and practices comply with Local and State Government legislative requirements and approval conditions.
Compliance Rangers have a diverse range of functions including enforcement and education with environmental offences such as; illegal dumping and littering, erosion and sediment control, water pollution and backyard burning, footpath and road obstructions, abandoned vehicles and articles, heavy and light vehicle enforcement, companion animal issues such as dog attacks, impounding companion animals, investigating roaming dogs, barking dogs and minor offences, enforcement of heavy and light vehicles, respond to after-hours emergency calls, and to provide support to Council at festivals and public events.
- Experience as a Compliance Ranger
- Certificate IV in Local Government (Regulatory Services), investigations or equivalent
- Knowledge of and extensive experience in the applicable components of the Local Government, State Government legislation and regulatory policies and procedures
- Demonstrated skills in animal handling
- SEINS Certified
- Class C NSW Drivers Licence
In return we offer you a salary of $68,100 - $88,530 p.a. + super (this excludes O/T and compliance allowance) dependent upon your skills and experience.
Please note, some weekend and after-hours work may be required.
Culture & Benefits
- Receive a lease back vehicle
- Participation in Council's Rostered Day Off scheme
- Opportunity to signup and become a fitness passport member
- Various health & well-being initiatives (fruit delivery, skin checks, flu vaccinations, etc)
How to apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. Please note you do not need a "password" to use our on-line application system, however, you will need to complete your application without "logging-out" of the system. In addition to answering the on-line application questions shown below, you will need to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a separate cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
PLEASE NOTE: Previous applicants need not apply.
Closing Date: Sunday 18 July 2021 @ 11:30pm
If further information is required, please contact David Chariton on (02) 9952 8256 for a confidential discussion, or see the Position Description.
City of Ryde is committed to Equal Employment and Child Safety