When life speeds up and becomes more complicated we yearn for simple things, like time, a sense of connection, stability, belonging to a community. We’ve had a good close up look and reckon that this is what Clarence Valley can deliver to your life and your family.
So, if you want what others have - that’s great. But just maybe we’re what you need.
Either way it really can’t hurt to check what living in the Clarence is all about.... right!
Clarence Valley Council has reputation in the community for providing quality service and this is a credit to the teamwork, dedication and skill of our employees. We value our employees and provide a progressive, rewarding and flexible working environment.
So... come join us in the Clarence Valley where we work, rest & play!
Checkout about living in the Clarence Valley here.
What you need to know...
- permanent full time - 70 hours per fortnight
- salary - $75,110 - $89,570 per annum, plus superannuation
- location - Grafton
- flexible work options for a healthy work/life balance
- opportunity to "Purchase Leave"
About the role
An exciting opportunity for a motivated Development Planner exists at Clarence Valley Council. We are looking for a team player with a positive approach to join our Environment, Development and Strategic Planning section. As Development Planner, you will:
- Critically appraise and process subdivision and development applications in accordance with agreed timeframes, relevant legislation and Council requirements by working collaboratively with all stakeholders including the community, council staff and developers
- Monitor developments to ensure compliance with conditions of consent
- Provide support to the Manager Environment, Development and Strategic Planning when required
Download the position description here.
Carmen Landers, Acting Development Services Coordinator on 02 6645 0287.
Tuesday, 29 June 2021 at 11.30 pm (NSW time) .
Other important information
This position is located at Council's Grafton office, however, this may change should business needs identify other work locations to be more appropriate to deliver our services in the future.
A probation period applies to this position.
How to apply:
- All applications must be lodged online via Council's website www.clarence.nsw.gov.au.
- Once you start your online application you cannot save and return later.
- You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document, and then copy and paste into the fields below.
- Attachments such as certificates and licences must be combined into one document before you attach them to your application.
- You must use your own email address and not one used previously by another person that has applied for a position with Council.
- For further information about the selection process including tips on how to address the selection criteria please refer to the Careers page on the Clarence Valley Council website.
For this application you will be required to supply a resume and relevant certificates and licences.
Council is an EEO employer and First Nations people are encouraged to apply.