A Heritage Specialist Planner is required to join the Strategy and Environment department on a permanent part time basis.
Heritage Specialist Planner
- Salary $109,606.64 - $127,143.12 p/a + super (pro rata)
- Permanent Part time - 21 hours per week
- Tertiary qualifications essential
Located 16 kms north of the Sydney CBD, the Ku-ring-gai area covers 84km2, is home to 127,000 residents and is set in one of New South Wales’ most attractive natural environments.
Ku-ring-gai Council is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Heritage Specialist Planner to join our Urban Planning team.
Reporting to the Team Leader Urban Planning, your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Project manage the preparation and development of heritage strategic planning policies and plans
- Deliver heritage policies and plans in accordance with relevant processes, legislation and policy context
- Implement the Heritage Strategy, policies and plans including the design and application of procedures for ongoing use
- Provide guidance for the conservation and management of places of cultural significance
Required experience & skills:
- Tertiary qualifications in Urban Planning or a related field
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience in heritage planning and heritage policy development
- Experience in promoting and communicating heritage conservation
- Experience in managing people and projects
- Demonstrated high level communication and consultation skills
How to apply:
All applicants are required to apply via the Council’s website https://www.krg.nsw.gov.au/Council/Careers
Like to know more? Please contact Hiring Manager - Antony Fabbro on 9424 0854
Closes: 11:45pm, Thursday 17 June 2021
Ku-ring-gai Council is an equal opportunity employer