THE POSITION: A two (2) year full time position or part time position depending on the applicant is available within City Projects Group. The role of Graduate Professional Engineer is located in Traffic and Transport Branch in the Built Systems Branch.
The position is responsible for providing professional services and the application of a range of professional skills in engineering to undertake investigations, respond to enquiries, provide solutions to design issues and undertake other miscellaneous activities as required.
This position will allow the Graduate professional Engineer to gain practical engineering experience and assist in providing effective and efficient services to Council.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated with the ability to demonstrate their commitments to teamwork and the provision of quality customer service. A current driver’s licence is a must.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or completing the final year in Civil Engineering or equivalent suitable for Membership of Engineers Australia.
- Written communication and research skills to prepare concise and accurate reports as well as preparing technical papers, general correspondence and grant applications.
- Ability to deal effectively with people at all levels and to represent Council capably to developers, consultants other government agencies and the general public.
- The ability to organise and prioritise work to meet the objectives of the Built Systems Division whilst adapting to changing demands or unforeseen conditions.
SALARY AND EMPLOYMENT CONDITONS:
- The position is a Grade 4, two (2) year full time position or part time position depending on the successful applicant, with a commencing salary of $66,997 per annum for 35 hours per week.
- Flexible working hours are available
FURTHER CONTACTS: Enquiries regarding the position description should be directed to Coordinator Traffic & Transport, Philip Saverimuttu on (02) 9725 0261 or a position description is available by contacting Dushanka Klickovic on (02) 9725 0252.
CLOSING DATE: Friday, 18 June 2021 at 5.00pm
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants must address the Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience required in the Position Description. A position Description is available from the contact person listed above, or from Council’s Website. To apply online visit Council’s website www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/fccjobs. Applications should be addressed to the undersigned and received by the closing date. Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council’s expense. Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer.
ALAN YOUNG - CITY MANAGER
PO BOX 21 FAIRFIELD NSW 1860