- Salary from $89,338.98 to $114,441.24 p.a. plus superannuation
- Permanent full time position - 35 hours per week
- Fortnightly rostered day off
Encouraging community feedback and opportunities for engagement are all important to Woollahra Council’s decision making process. If you are skilled and confident in community engagement and you are interested in working for an organisation that values its relationship with the local community we would love to hear from you!
Woollahra Council has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Community Engagement Coordinator to work alongside Council staff across all departments as they plan, deliver and evaluate their engagement projects. This is a critical role in that you will be responsible for providing support and guidance on major community engagement projects and help to meet legislative requirements and community expectations on involvement in decision making. This position will work closely with the office of the General Manager and the Communications team in promoting and delivering engagement opportunities for our local community.
This position reports to the Manager of Communications. A small amount of after business hours work may be required.
- Tertiary qualifications in Communications/Public Relations, Marketing, Social Work or equivalent with proven community engagement experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Advanced proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite and corporate information systems
- Highly developed organisational time management skills, with the ability to handle conflicting and varied demands
- Advanced community engagement project management skills and experience, which may also include: graphic design publications, copywriting, proofing, online digital content, brand and reputation management, social and print media, experience in promoting community engagement opportunities within the community, preparing surveys and evaluating feedback
- Proven experience in managing inclusive community engagement opportunities and evaluating and reporting engagement results to best inform complex policy and project decisions
- Diverse stakeholder experience and a commitment to social justice principles
- Highly proficient in the use of online engagement platforms , e.g. Engagement HQ/Bang the Table, Social Pinpoint etc and monitoring and responding to community feedback
- IAP2 community engagement understanding/training and or accreditation
- Experience in mentoring, supporting or training colleagues to support their engagement work
- Community facilitation and presentation experience and experience with a broad range of engagement methods (informing, consulting, involving, collaborating and empowering)
- An understanding of local government and legislated engagement requirements
- Research, report writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to support staff and to foster constructive and respectful relationships with colleagues and the community
- Issues management experience and a commitment to excellent customer service
How to apply
- Apply on line by clicking the link below.
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria.
- If you have a separate statement addressing the selection criteria, please upload it as a cover letter and simply refer to it in the online questionnaire.
- You will be able to upload 2 documents only.
- For information on applying for Council jobs, please refer to http://www.woollahra.nsw.gov.au/council/employment/recruitment_and_selection_process
- For further information about the role, please contact Justine Henderson, Manager Communications on 9391 7141 during business hours.
- Our preference is for applications to be submitted online, however, we will accept hard copy applications addressed to Human Resources, Woollahra Council, PO Box 61, Double Bay, NSW, 1360.
CLOSING DATE: Midnight Sunday, 2nd August 2020
Woollahra Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
- Respect for people
- Integrity and excellent performance
- Professional, quality service
- Open, accountable communication