About the Role
Council seeks to appoint casual Lifeguards who will be qualified and experienced in pool lifeguard operations. .
Successful applicants must be willing to work some evenings and weekends.
This position attracts a salary of $30.94 per hour including casual loading plus penalty allowances where applicable. Award increases will apply from the first full pay period in July 2020.
The successful applicant(s) will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Hold a current Pool Lifeguard Licence and Senior First Aid Certificate
- Sound knowledge of WHS in a pool environment
- Attention to detail and a flexible and friendly manner as well as proven ability to work as part of a team is essential to ensure that the professional and friendly image of Council is projected at all times.
Employment over the summer at Wingecarribee Shire Swimming Centres can be a rewarding experience offering excellent employment conditions, on-the-job training and flexible working hours. Summer employment at the pools can be a valuable starting point for a career in sport and recreation, provide useful experience for those new to the workforce or can simply be a great way to earn money over the summer. Applicants must be prepared to work at Council's three Swimming Centres located at Bowral, Mittagong and Bundanoon.
How to Apply
Before you begin it is important to have completed the following steps:
- Have your current resume, cover letter and address details ready;
- Print, read, sign and scan the following 'Position Description' ready to upload
- Read the 'Seasonal Employment Brochure'
Once ready 'Apply Now' to begin your online application
Note: Only candidates with the right to work in Australia will be considered for the position.
Further information can be obtained by contacting Laura Hill, Supervisor Pools and Facilities on (02) 4868 0885.
Sunday 12 July 2020